Those of you who work nights or night rotations how do you keep your diet in check?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by minus, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I will be working 7pm to 7am. Normally I start off my day with complex carbs and then the rest of my meals.

On those 3 days that I work should I eat my normal diet in order or reverse it?

I would be waking up at 3pm I think I should just learn to deal with oatmeal in the afternoon what do you guys think?

2. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i work alternating shifts that start anywhere from 5am or up to 3pm. i just keep my meals in order. breakfast is when i wake up... so it only depends on what time of day. Plus i work at whole foods, so theres always something healthy and quick to eat :o

3. J

J Active Member

I plan ahead and prepare snacks/meals to bring with me whenever possible, so keeping my diet in check is no problem at all. It's keeping a regular sleep cycle that's killing me.

In my opinion, the specific time of day shouldn't really affect when you eat. Your meals should be balanced during the time you're actually awake and especially dependent on how active you are (ie what your body currently needs).

4. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

Same boat as you there broseph. I work 5:30pm-5:30am and i just flip flop my eating schedule. Breakfast when i wake up and its on from there.

Like J said, have snacks and meals prepared cuz there arent a lot of places you can get decent food in the middle of the night.

5. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Go get yourself a mini Blender, $13 at Walmart. Keep it on your desk.

[​IMG]

Buy a tub of protein, and make a couple of drinks a night. I take Cytogainer, fills me up and makes up for lack of calories (although I am bulking). That is 2 meals right there.

6. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I work 16 hour shifts, just bring what you want with you so you don't get tempted into fast food or vending machines.

7. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

And if you stay busy you might be surprised how long you can go without feeling hungry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.