Thoracic mobility exercises... increase straightening too?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I got the Inside-Out dvd that Ceaze reccomends... it is fucking awesome and has a buttload of great exercises....

Some of them are for thoracic mobility... specifically rotational mobility and mobility in terms of curving it more, so that you reduce strain on the lumbar spine and learn to move from the thoracic area too...

My question is if I do these exercises to loosen up the thoracic area, will that help me straighten it, or is that impossible to do without professional aid (or just impossible all together)?

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

in order to get increased mobility, you have to have stability (straightening)

so work on stability before you increase mobility and you won't have a problem

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you got any stability exercises for me? :noes:

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

ok just rewatched some of the exercises... definitely some extension exercises in there to straighten the spine... the way it looked when i watched it before wa that they were doing looked like they were unstraightening the spine...

example: foam roller segmental. looks like the dude is doing crunches almost rather than extending backwards :o my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.