This will be so baller...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NetChemica, Jul 17, 2004.

1. NetChemica

NetChemica OT Supporter

This guy I know is selling a truck. It's made by Jeep and has a 1980 Vette engine under the hood. It supposedly has a viper security system. I was wondering if those engines are any good. He claims ~375hp but then again the engine is not stock.

2. DonTalarico

DonTalarico New Member

1980 Vettes were dogs performance wise. I dont know why anyone would start with that engine to build 375 horse out of. Could be, I just doubt it.

3. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

What about handling? Can you make a late 70s to early 80s Vette handle like a C5? What about swapping suspension parts? Or, is the C3 Vette simply beyond help and its just best to skip it?

4. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

So, there is no way to update the suspension? I saw Leno's '55 Buick Roadmaster and it had C5 Vette suspension upgrades. I like the C3 Vette but if it can't be made to handle..... :greddy:

5. NetChemica

NetChemica OT Supporter

supposedly it's was rebuilt at about 100k miles. Was boared (sp?) out to a 354ci engine (from 350ci) and custom everything. He claims that 99% of the engine parts are aftermarket. Anyway I can call his bluff? Or can a mechanic easily check?

6. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

Just because you throw a bunch of aftermarket parts on a suspension, and lower it, doesnt mean it can handle. Suspension geometry plays the largest role in how a car handles. Just throwing on a c5 suspension on a car that isnt designed for it doesnt mean its gonna handle like a c5.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

It's a fullsize Jeep truck, right?
    Don't bother trying to make it fast or handle. They are not good riding or good handling vehicles. They are actual trucks, designed for work.