GUN This will be interesting....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Jan 17, 2007.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

So my history 17 (US history 1877-present) described himself today (first day of class bullshit stuff) as a 'ultra left wing liberal pinko commie'

And I love to argue, I wonder how he stands on the 2A, and how he will react when he finds out just how pro gun I am :big grin:

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

regardless of being left or right, i think that any who identifies themselves as that much of an extreme, especially as a teather to a group of new students, should be fucking examined.

3. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

:werd: politics has less of a place in education than religion...

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I don't know, I think I'd prefer the professor to be straightforward about it. I'd rather have a guy that comes up and admits his bias to the class so they know what his point of view is and are able to classify what he says a lot better. It's better than the douche that stands up there spouting off shit and acts like it's the only way things should be.

5. You're lucky. I've had professors that probably make that guy look like Pat Robertson.

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Don't come off as 'the gun guy.' That's never good. In essence, our fight to bear arms comes down to one thing, in my eyes: Individual personal responsibility. Having the .gov recognize that I am a citizen to be respected and listened to, not a subject to be corralled and governed. That premise should serve you pretty well as a springboard.

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

honestly, because of the other classes I have taken and the stuff I have said, people already view me as the gun guy.

8. itchiban

itchiban New Member

yeah :big grin:

that's my rep too.

9. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

sounds like a professor that makes you want to punch babies in the face.

I hada history prof like that last semester. Learned a lot too. Did you know that they had B52s in WW2 or that nimitz was an admiral? Or how the VC and NVA began using conventional tactics after the 68 tet offensive? My favorite one was how said tet offensive which was only really a propaganda victory for the VC was a major loss to the US. Or how Nixon's secret plan didn't exist at all. his plan in reality was a continuation of vietnamization and policy from LBJs admin. Another was how 10000 US troops landed in the beginning of the war who were mostly green berets.:bash:

That bitch needed to quit her damn day job.

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I had a teacher like that my first year of college that made me realize how fucking ignorant most liberals are. :rofl: Anyone who describes himself as that should not be teaching. Same goes for any extreme. You should be able to get your education without pinko commie ideology.