This week and weekend on Speedvision (WRC)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guido The Penguin, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Every night at 11 ET/8 PT, Speedvision will be airing half hour and hour long recaps of the days happenings at the Monte Carlo Rally.

Tonight is the half hour preview show, and Friday-Sunday starts the hour long daily show for each leg.

Then Monday night they will have an hour long show for the whole rally.

Not exactly sure if this is the ISC/Channel 4 coverage that will be aired in Britain and then re-aired on Speedvision, but dear god, its better than waiting for months to catch glimpses of the rally, aside from what you find on the internet.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yup, its the EXACT same coverage, done in almost real time from when it aire in Britain.

Im so glad speedvision is doing this. With all the talk of NASCRAP taking over a hudge programing block, im glad to see they at least kpt the rally there.

3. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Ok, I haven't been able to find out if it was the ISC/Channel 4 coverage or not, but now that I know :bigthumb: Got the VCR all ready to tape it. This will start my 3rd full season of the WRC I have on video, not to mention the last two Sebring 12 hours, and the 2001 Daytona 24 hours, Le Mans, and Petite Le Mans.

I kinda knew Speedvision/Speed Channel wasn't going to drop their WRC coverage, it was one of their real money making programs. Heck, the viewer response was so great they changed from half hour to hour long shows, and now onto the ISC tv deal for even more coverage.

They're also gonna keep alot of the other racing series (Formula-1, ALMS, Trans-Am, BTCC, AusV8, SV GT and TC, DTM, and FiA sportscar. They're supposed to be adding in alot of CART programming in addition to the NASCAR stuff.

I will say this, even though I'm not a fan of NASCAR itself, I do like to watch 'NASCAR TECH' cause you learn some really interesting stuff that applies to any form of racing.