MIL This story looks like bullshit to me but I can't prove it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/22/murder_marines_fool_drone/

cliffs: story claims that marines faked an insurgent planting an IED by disguising themselves for a UAV's thermal camera. The story says they did this so they could get away with the murder of the "insurgent".

I can't think of a single mission I was ever on where I could tell exactly when a UAV was overhead. I've heard them taking off and landing, but during their missions they typically fly at too high an altitude for me to hear them, much less be able to know when to act like an insurgent for the UAV's thermal camera.

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:werd: I don't know what kind of resolution they have on the UAVs, but on the gyro-cams we use during our missions it would be very obvious if someone tried to do what that story claims was done.

3. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Pimp

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

it sounds like too complicated of a plan for marines anyway. if they really wanted to just murder him, why all the planning?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  4. EBK

EBK Hate hippies & hadjis

Fucking British people hate what we're doing over there.. These fuckers are like supermarket gossip magazine writers.. doing anything they can to ruin our rapport

The British armed forces are fine soldiers but it's too bad their country and leaders are full of fucking shit

5. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

definitely retarded, besides who would do something like that when we all know theres a good chance you could get blow to pieces by some of the new UAV's and or any thing flying by with some weapons on it at the time...