GUN This should be good

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by H.P., Dec 30, 2007.

1. H.P.

H.P. Guest

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I like to think I'm a rational person and not prone to believing the sky is falling but the more I talk to random people the more I'm convinced that we're doomed, at least on some level. Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills are both becoming endangered. Freedom and liberty are taken for granted and people are raised to think that government is the answer to all problems. Less than 70 years ago a major western european government was slaughtering 6 million people including its own citizens. That is such a short amount of time ago but we find it unthinkable to believe that a government could turn so wrong. We have people alive who can tell us what its like to live in fear of an oppressive government, death squads, internment by the US government, or even just segregation but to many of us these are just ancient history that could never be repeated.

Even today people are afraid to face the reality that for as great as the world can be, there might still be someone that wishes to do them harm even if they've lived as good a life as possible. We have innocent people forced by law to be helpless while they live their lives going to the mall, church, and college being killed without even having the opportunity to defend themselves. People aren't rioting to have the laws changed so they can protect their lives and the lives of their families. We have politicians that vote against laws that would allow people to carry a weapon to defend themselves while getting a carry permit themselves. Why aren't people removing these elitists who are telling them how much more important their lives are than theirs from office? We've even conditioned people to where a large number would call the person that slips a handgun into their pocket a nut. Where did it get to the point that we decided we needed to pretend we were immune to violent crime and that someone wanting to protect their life was actually mentally ill? How did we even condition something as basic as the desire to fight back against an attacker out of people?

It seems as though taking the road to fewer freedoms and more government is inevitable. Like a doctor we can fight it and delay it to keep things going for a while but eventually, like death, it will catch up. Perhaps its just human nature for those in power to seek more power while the others are apathetic as long as life is good. We can only hope that at some time the nation/world won't face an extreme event that would cause people to wish they guarded their freedoms more closely.

3. GTP

GTP New Member

i has a statistic that enlightens canadian antis