This should be fun

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by LocoStrange, Aug 16, 2008.

1. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I just told my cousin that I will come over and help (or he will help me :rofl: ) detail his wifes 200x Lexus GS or whatever... black. He told me that he has not washed it for about, at least, 1 year. Yet, he will detail his like every few months.

I do know that the car has some good scratches but I cant wait to see how bad it is. I really need to get a buffer tho since, like we all know, its a black car.

Ill try to bring a camera if I remember too.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Have fun, usually Lexus solid black paint is single stage so don't be suprised if your polishing applicators turn black.

3. ijaen

ijaen New Member

:eek: 1 year...

4. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Holy shit that was fun. Once again, I forgot my camera since I had to bring a lot of shit over :(

The hood wasnt too bad but the trunk, roof and front bumper was horrible (for obvious reasons). The car was full of swirls and light scratches and I was able to remove the majority of them. There was also some heavy scratches from the garage down, hitting the garage and some other stuff which I was able to hide it a little.

Overall, the car looks amazing, near new again.

Washed it, Clayed it. Used Meguires Paint Cleaner and Polish. Finished it with NXT 2.0 wax. I also used Color X for the big/heavy scratches

...I hate black cars :rofl:

5. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Also, I noticed that the hood looked a little off color. Its hard to explain but, at certain angles, the paint looked a little brownish haze to it. Is this normal or what?