This shit is getting ridiculous.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Jan 16, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I ordered a 37" Toshiba LCD for my mother for Christmas. It showed up with a hole punched in the side of the box and a crack in the side of the case. (The screen worked fine.) So I called the place I bought it and had them refund my money, and they called UPS to pick up the damaged TV. In the meantime, I ordered a 40" Toshiba LCD for the same price, because that's how the economy works right now.

Well, what got delivered yesterday wasn't a 40" Toshiba, it was a 46" Samsung; the guy said it was the only box with my tracking number on it. So, I figured, maybe the company sent out the wrong item, but damn if it isn't better than what I ordered. Thanks guys!

But, today they delivered the 40" Toshiba I ordered! And UPS still hasn't come by to pick up the damaged-but-functional 37" Toshiba I bought back in December! So I've got three (count 'em!) LCD TVs just chillin' in my mother's house, waiting to see if anybody has an "Oh shit" moment and comes to pick them up. WTF?

(no I will not tell you where she lives.)

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Log your contacts to them to come get the ones you didnt order/got a refund for. If they dont contact you in a decent amount of time....I'd say they are yours.

It isnt your job to make sure they dont rip themselves off. So if you make a genuine effort to contact them once or twice and they dont take action, their loss. Your mom's house is not their storage warehouse.

3. deusexaethera

I guess what I'm worried about is that they won't come to pick them up, and then hit me up for the cost. They do have my CC number, after all.

4. Original

Original OT Supporter

it's definitely an inconvenience.. doubt they'll end up being yours though.

i think I remember someone else having this problem and they eventually figured everything out and got their tvs back, was just a hassle for both the company and end user :dunno:

btw which 40" did you get.. the 40RV525U? My brother just got it and I'm thinking about getting one too :o

5. deusexaethera

I don't recall. It wasn't a Regza like the 37" I originally bought, but the specs appeared to be comparable. It was ~$800 on Newegg.

6. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

If something is delivered to your house, unordered, you are under no legal obligation to return the items.

7. ov3n

ov3n Active Member

True. It's considered "gifted". But this is a USPS rule so you may want to check if it falls under other delivery services.

8. deusexaethera

Well, it's the end of March and still not a peep out of anyone. I finally made it back to my mom's house to hook up the replacement Toshiba -- which had a spot on the front bezel that I had to pop into place because they didn't do it right at the factory :mad: -- and it looks nice. Just as good as the old damaged one, only gloss black instead of silver bezel.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd be able to put the 46" Samsung in my trunk with the back seats folded down. Heh, that was a nice thought. The fucking box is bolted together. It's huge! So there it sits, still where the shipping guy dropped it off. I'm gonna need the minivan to haul that bitch home.

9. de__eb

de__eb New Member

I had dell do that with some laptops a few years ago, and ended up with 2 extra XPS laptops at the end of the day. Usually its the customer who gets screwed over due to shipping errors, but every once in a while, we win :big grin:

10. deusexaethera

Well...someone else lost that time. But yeah, don't ever get anything shipped via AIT.