This setup any good???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Twisted STi, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

Dec 17, 2004
    Title basically sums it up. I was out in town today at the local car audio shop, and told the guy I wanted to revamp my sound system, and this is what he recommended...

(All Planet Audio mind you)

V6520 speakers - 180 for 2 pairs
    VC10D subwoofer with box - 180
    VX400D amp (for sub) - 330
    VX1502 amp (for speakers) - 200
    Parts (Im guessing wiring and all that) - 80
    Capacitor - 90
    Labor - 200

Total - 1300

And with an influx of cash right now (XMAS, promotion at work) I could easily afford this. Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I don't know the first thing about audio, and don't wanna get played. Thanks!

Oh, and he played the speakers for me in the little alcove of his shop, the speakers seemed to outperform everything that he had, all of which was more expensive. The sub seemed ok too. I'm not looking to show off or have the best system in town, but I do want to have some quality products.
  2. 04

04 Guest

That system looks fine to me, but I would suggest not getting a capacitor, and also only get one pair of speakers. If you have a lot of backseat passengers, then rear speakers might be prudent, but IMO for your own enjoyment, I'd guess you'd probably like the sound of just a single pair of front speakers fine. You'd also save a bit of money too this way.

If nothing else, I'd say spend that extra money saved on the capacitor and speakers on getting the front doors sound deadened, or on better speakers.