This or That!? Can you tell the better product by it's Nutrition Label?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by BlissWitMyBlizz!, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlissWitMyBlizz!

BlissWitMyBlizz! New Member

Link 1= http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=ON404&back=yes&dept=1006&last=1006
    Link 2= http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=UN151&back=yes&dept=1006&last=1006

umm...to me....(my breakdown) THEY HAVE ABOUT THE SAME CALORIE CONTENT.

the second (bottom one) has 3 grams more FAT per gram and 1.5 grams more than the first one. thats not much a of a big deal.

the second one has 110 grams of PROTEIN for every 50 grams of protein that the first one has. thats a lot more. more than twice as much. this is good for the second one.

the second one has 84 grams of SUGAR for every 10 that the first one has. the second one has a lot more sugar than the first one. this is not good for the second one..

the first one has 125 grams of carbs to every 93 that that second one has. this is not good for the second one.

to me it seems like the major differences between these two products are that one is a lot more sugar but a lot more protein. i believe more carbs coming from other carb sources than sugar is better. so the first product is better but is lacking protein. so for a solution, would getting the first product and adding the lacking protein from another all whey protein powder product be a good idea?

the alternative would be including a lot more sugar to ur diet by choosing the second product.

To any experts here, does my view seem logical and correct?

WHICH IS THE BETTER WEIGH GAINER PEOPLE? Im looking for muscle mass. not just weight, and i believe the more sugar, the more fat u will get. protein > sugar for this goal.

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Just get a whey protein and eat food instead of that MRP crap.

3. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

You can always add something to a protien shake to even out the macros and make it more of an "MRP"...like oats or a tbsp of natty pb. This makes it even easier to track cals and macro totals, too.

4. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

If you are looking to pack on lean mass, then, yes.

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Cheaper too.

6. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

both of them are just getting tons of calories from maltodextrin and neither has a good fat source.

instead, get a big bag of regular when protein, and when you make a shake add oats for carbohydrates and peanut butter/olive oil for fats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.