this newb has some questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by newports01, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newports01

newports01 > than U

ok heres the deal... i have been overweight ALL my life... NEVER excersized... i was just plain lazy.. never dieted just ate whatever i wanted to.. well the past week or so i have joined a gym... and started eating right, but heres the thing.. i see you guys talking about going for like a hour on the treadmill or eliptical machines :eek3: i can go like 30 mins on a bike... but running ;x i get tired after a 2 mile walk.. so heres my question. is what im doing going to even have any effect on me?? since when i hit the gym im only burning like 300 cal. a day?(remember i never did any excersize or activitys before) i was thinking what i was doing was alot but reading some other post it aint shit... but thats all im able to do without passing out.. how long does it take for stamina to build up? it just really makes me feal bad.. im really motivated to loose weight but i tire so easy!!!!

2. UncleJohn

UncleJohn "That guy"

work your way up.... there is no way of telling how your body with progress, but just keep it up, you'll get up there

3. deznutz

deznutz New Member

One guy i know, he is really overweight, hasnt worked out once in his life... he grew up fat......ate whatever, fast foood...soda.....

I finally convinced him to get his ass in the gym, so we made a bet...if he can lose 20 lb in 6 months... which is plenty of time.... i owe him 50 bucks, if he doesnt, he owes me 50....

Basically he is on the treadmill everyday....

He started out first doing 15 min
    Then next time 18 min
    Next 20 min
    Next 23 min
    Next 25

You get the picture...keep increasing your time with each work-out

Good luck. :wavey:

4. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

Don't get discouraged. You definitely have to work up towards good fitness. Keep in mind that many people in here are in great shape, and their accomplishments will be impressive. You shouldn't expect similar results for a long time. But keep at it; once you get there, you'll be glad you did and be proud of what you've done.

It'll take you several weeks before you can do anything too significant at the gym, especially if in your mind you're not doing anything. You'll hit a point where you'll be able to set and hit your fitness goals week-to-week. If you need anymore specific help feel free to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.