This might be a stupid question......

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Frank N. Beans, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Frank N. Beans

Frank N. Beans I hate BMW's OT Supporter

*Warning- I know basics on operating a PC, but little about how they actually operate. Please take this into consideration when replying*

How possible would it be to operate a large program (Photoshop CS3) from a zip drive?

Here is my situation: I am working a new job, and have access to a PC and the internet. However, I am not allowed to bring in a personal computer. Since my job will often have down time, we are allowing to surf "safe" sites for workplace.....or basically do anything "safe" by utilizing the given desktop.

So......what I'd really like to do is to have PS CS3 in a form that I can run it on that desktop without permanently installing it. Is this possible through a big zip drive? After thinking about it......I would assume it needs a processor to operate a program like that. How about an external HD? Or I am fuxored unless I can install it?

TIA :o

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

i dont think PS would work considering it dumps settings into the registry for it to function if you move from one pc to another. You can run it off your jump drive I guess but be slow as hell

4. awns729

awns729 New Member

If you're looking for a basic photo editing app. PC Mag did a list of the top 100 websites of the year and they had an online photo editing website on there. It might be worth checking out if you can't figure out PS. Also, some U3 flash drives have photo editing software on them. Maybe you can also talk the admin into installing Paint.net.

5. Frank N. Beans

Frank N. Beans I hate BMW's OT Supporter

Ok, found the solution. They make Adobe Photoshop CS4 Portable now......its actually around 30MB. It is made to work from a USB driver.

Just FYI.....this is my solution. :cool: