GUN This might be a completely illegitimate concern, but... sleep walking?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Aug 15, 2008.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I never used to keep any of my guns in my house loaded until recently, but now I keep my G19 with one in the chamber ready to go in my nightstand drawer (away from where the cat could get to it.) I never really thought about this until now, but does anyone else worry about getting their hands on their own gun while they're asleep? I know it sounds a bit absurd, but still. As far as I know I've never sleep walked, but I've been living with my SO for about a year and she has told me that sometimes I just blurt out random things in my sleep, sometimes in coherent english and sometimes not, sometimes it's a question or comment and sometimes I'll have full conversations with her while I'm sleeping....

So... I know it's fucked up to think about this, but what if you sleep walked and got your gun and shot your SO/family/yourself? :noes: Maybe I should keep my gun unloaded. :rofl:

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

This might be a legitimate concern if you had previous issues with sleepwalking but otherwise, not an issue.

3. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i too worry about this. i keep a round chambered and unholstered on my headboard shelf about 10 inches from my head... very easily reachable while laying in bed. ive always contemplated whether or not thats the safest place to have it, jsut in case i one day grab it and blow my own head off :o

4. neife

neife New Member

5. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

its funny you bring this up, my roommate who doesn't know much about guns asked if I have ever sleep walked after I told him I keep most my guns loaded in condition 3 (usually only one or two weapons are in condition 1 at any given time)

I have only done it once, I think, and that was years ago in high school

6. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

to my knowledge ive never done it. ive actually had people think i was dead because i sleep so still and almost never move while sleeping :rofl:

7. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

This is one reason why I never keep anything in condition 1. The night I saw "The Hills Have Eyes" my GF said I was wandering around my room saying I need to get my shotgun and knife and she freaked out. I've also walked around my house and snuck up on people too. It creeps me out. They say I have this glazed look over my eyes and they are afraid of what I'm going to do.

Of course the worst thing is when I was talking in my sleep about this chick I met at the bar I wanted to fuck and what I was gonna do to her, that didn't go over too well :o:rofl:

8. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

LOL i've never sleepwalked before. But i've woke up in the middle of the night laughing because of dreams. Wakes me up. :o

9. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I keep mine loaded but without one in the chamber because of my fear of this as well. :hs:

My room is near the front door so if someone ever decides to break in I would have more than enough time to cock it.

10. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

When I was younger I would not only sleep walk, but sleep eat as well.

Apparently I would usually walk right out and grab cookies then be right back in bed with no memory of it happening.

:dunno: :yum:

I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry and for better for your own piece of mind if you're actually concerned about it being a possibility.

11. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I've only sleep walked once in my life and then the only thing I did was dream thinking I was in a different house trying to get to the bathroom, that lasted until I slammed face first into a mirror hanging on the wall and woke up going wtf mate.

As for you, I've known plenty of people who talk in their sleep that have never sleep walked. I've known people to sleep eat, to sleep walk to the TV and sit on the sofa between their parents and watch a show, heck I've even known people to fix a sandwich in their sleep. If people can get up open a door walk down the stairs walk into the kitchen make a sandwich and eat it, I highly doubt that if someone sleepwalks anything short of electrifying the gun or gun safe to wake them up will stop them from getting the gun, its probably easier to load a gun than make a sandwich. About any security measure you put in place yourself you can defeat when "sleep shooting"

12. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240))

One night, while I was sleep walking, my mom caught me pissing in the sink in my bathroom. She said she asked me what I was doing and I looked at her like she was stupid and said,"I'm peein' ".

True story.

13. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

[wuote]But there are some extraordinary cases of sleep walkers leaving their homes, driving cars, or engaging in behaviours that they would not usually. In 1987, Ken Parks, drove 23 kilometres from his home in Pickering, Ontario, to his in-laws house, where he strangled his father-in-law unconscious, and stabbed his mother-in-law to death. He was acquitted of murder because he was sleepwalking at the time.[/quote]

:rofl: What a crock of shit.

"Can you explain yourself sir?"

"Uhh buh duhh I was uhh, alseep... that's it. I was sleepwalking."

"Oh, ok, you are free to go."

14. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i sleep talk every night and on one occasion woke up to me violently punching the wall. but idk if i've sleepwalked since i was 10. i do lock up my guns though, because i'm afraid it might happen

15. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

I pretty much sleeptalk every night too, multiple times. I used to sleepwalk a bit when I was younger but no more.

16. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i used to talk in my sleep a lot too.. but now my mouth is occupied by my obnoxious snoring :o :wtc:

17. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

:rofl: What a crock of shit.

"Can you explain yourself sir?"

"Uhh buh duhh I was uhh, alseep... that's it. I was sleepwalking."

"Oh, ok, you are free to go."[/quote]

how in the mother fuck do you prove you were sleeping during such an event?? and who in their right mind would beleive it??

18. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

how in the mother fuck do you prove you were sleeping during such an event?? and who in their right mind would beleive it??

19. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i have no clue as to how i fucked that post up so badly :o

20. SNDP

SNDP New Member

when I was in basic, I slept-walked and again when I was stationed in Berlin.... It's all in my army med records too so if I ever need to use it for an alibi, maybe I can!

21. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

I mumble and talk in my sleep sometimes. Never sleepwalked.

22. ReapeR

ReapeR New Member

I sleep walk occasionally and talk in my sleep a bit aswell, I used to keep my XD40 loaded by the nightstand. Now, I just keep it in the nightstand, without the mag in it and a loaded mag in the drawer towards the bottom.

23. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

I know I've done it once but no way am I going to keep an unloaded gun by the bed.

24. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

I know that Ambien users have reported walking, eating and driving while "asleep" and having no memory of it.