SRS this may or may not make sense: do crazy people know they're crazy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by macbook bro, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

what i mean is, i often think to myself, "asdfska, you just might be insane".
    i talk to myself, all the time, like, as if i'm talking to other people, but nobody is around. i used to think it was just like "thinking out loud" but i think its beyond that. after a while of talking to myself i have to yell at myself something along the lines of "SHUT THE FUCK UP", and its usually at these moments that i think "man, are you nuts or something?" hopefully this made sense. what i'm trying to find out is if its likely a good or a bad sign that i question my own sanity on a regular basis

2. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

that makes two of us. I just figured someday I would grow out of it, but who knows. I honestly think everyone has some form of insanity, be it severe, moderate or even unnoticed. but who knows. I am in the same boat as you, but i never wondered if I was sane.

3. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

To answer your original question, in a slightly modified manner - yes, often people with the "extremes" in psychopathology (schizophrenia, OCD, etc) recognize that their behavior is not rational, but they can't do anything about it.

Based on what you've described, you're entirely normal. I do the same thing. There is much more to "crazy" than harmlessly talking to yourself, and you don't have any of those signs - at least not that you've described.

4. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

The craziest thing you are doing is questioning your own sanity.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When i look at monkey species i think they are all crazy, i think its mainly because emotions and logic are hard to unify that you often see outbursts of insanity.

6. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

hmm

7. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

i talk to myself all the time, as if a real person is standing there... i imagine it in my head almost, obviously it's not out loud but it is as if it was a real conversation..

sort of like a pretend friend that never really went away..

8. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

People are aware that what they personally do isn't 'normal' in regards to society, but it depends what you are talking about.

In regards to talking to yourself. A LOT of people do this all the time, and I mean A LOT. It isn't crazy at all.

"God" is just a simple example for talking to someone who isn't there - to give you a perspective on just how many people talk to themselves.

9. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

sounds like you spend plenty of time alone to me.

i used to talk to myself constantly.