GUN This is where I hope to get a job soon.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by footratfunkface, Apr 26, 2003.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

www.fatsinc.com

i've done their Ma Deuce simulator at Camp Geiger, NC. damn cool. very realistic. watched other guys do simulators for the Mk. 19, M16A2, and the M9. if i got a job here, it'd be in assembly, but hopefully i'd be promoted pretty fast. from what i hear, they are always in need of people for assembly, because the people that do it are generally not firearms people, so they get tired of it. they're just your normal know-nothing-about-guns assembly people. so, someone like me would probably be more like what they're looking for. and they're less than an hour away. and i know one of their sales rep/ installation guys. as soon as he gets back from his bidness trip, i'll be able to talk to him and see 'bout some 'plawment in his biznass.

2. Count Grishnackh

Count Grishnackh Three weeds from the same root

i want a job like that :o dunno if they have anything like that around my area though

3. footratfunkface

in california? ha. hell no. you can't even say "gun" in public without causing a stampede of frightened yuppies and neo-hippies.

4. Car54

Car54 Member

imagine my pain... my job frequently takes me thru MD and NJ... and those are the two worst gun nazi states in the country. If I even mention guns, I can lose clients.

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

FATS is the most awesome video game ever made. :bowdown: :bigthumb: i could run scenarios for hours on that thing and never get bored.

6. footratfunkface

indeed. i'd love to work there, even if it's in a really boring assembly job. but, we can't get ahold of jimmy, so getting me a job there may be a few weeks off, if they've even got room for me. the man goes all over the country doing demos and installs, and whatnot, so he could be gone for another week, or he could come back today, we just don't know.

7. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I got to do 3 scenarios in a simulator this weekend for my military science class, I could do that thing for hours. They had 6 or 7 M16A2s, an M-4, 240 Bravo, and an M16 w/ an M230. Our squad leader got to use the 240 since he's the only one that had ever fired one (actually he was the only ROTC cadet also), rest of us got M16s, it was fun as all hell. They could get more people to join the ROTC if they let them do the simulator more often, I'd kill for one of of them at my house.

8. footratfunkface

yeah, they're damn cool. i wonder how much playtime assembly workers get on the simulators.

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What are the military scenarios like? i've only done the law enforcement ones. i love how the instructor can adjust the scene on the fly to how you're handling things. If you play it smart, you don't even have to shoot most of the time. :cool:

Not that we didn't run a few shoot em ups. :x:

10. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

We did 2 for practice and then the third actually counted for points (it was a squad competition), first scenario were were in a river bed with a soldiers and a half-track coming off the right bank and a few more soldiers coming off the left. Next scenario was a factory with enemy popping around corners, out of doors, etc. It snowed on this on and the snow falling really fucks you up. Final scenario that counted for points was an armored vehicle along with about 25 or so guys coming dead at as over some hills so they'd be up for 5 seconds and then down in a ridge. It's tricky, they use fire and movement so they're constantly hitting the ground and it's hard to tell if they're dead or not. I could have done that all day.

11. footratfunkface

the one i did with the M2 was a fixed position on a hill overlooking a valley-type terrain. there was a trail, maybe two, weaving down the hill opposite the valley, and APCs and trucks and light armor would roll by, and you'd just sit there and take shots at it.