this is what i want to do...your input please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jigga, Mar 13, 2003.

1. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin

hey everyone..

first, lemme post a pic to better illustrate what im thinking..

[​IMG]

ok.. so my room is pretty long.. and i want a tv to be located so that i can watch it while in bed, and while at my desk.
    if i was to hang the tv on the wall where the desk is, i think it would be kinda far to watch from my bed. the room is about hmm.. 30 - 40 feet long... yes, its a long room.

so anyway, i was thinking to get a plasma tv and hang it from the ceiling midway in the room... and have it so that im able to turn the tv to face either the desk, or the bed.. either by remote or by hand...whatever. i think its a neat idea and lotsa pimp factor to it.

im pretty sure its feasible, but what things would i have to keep in mind? for example, if i want to add components like dvd player, vcr, and surround sound, etc.. weight of the tv, what type of support would hold the tv from the ceiling, stuff like that. i guess the wiring would go thru the attic.

overall, can this be done? and what tv's would be good for such an application? anyone have links or models or anything?

and how bout for the mounting of it, and the fact that i want something that turns, where can i find that? links? pics?

thanks in advance :)

2. jigga

oh, if u have any other creative ideas, or setups or anything, do let me know.. im very open to suggestions.. i just thought this woulda been :cool: and it woulda suited my needs.

3. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

hmm, my views:

1. hanging plasma from ceiling = :sad2: , i dont know if thats too smart, especially if it has a sinlge height.

2. watching TV/playing games etc from your bed is ok, but i think it would be much better with a decent chair, like even an Ikea chair(see the ikea POANG chair).

also, if you move youre bed next to the south wall (on picture), you can put the plasma on the north wall.

what you think?

4. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

hmm, just re-read post, that is tricky, are you 'allowed' to move bed/cesk around?

5. jigga

hey marcos, thanks for the reply...

guess what??? the north wall is lined with windows!!!! big ones!

one thing u said tho, ..what did u mean about the single height? i dont understand.

also, ive seen plasma mounted like... sideways, on a side wall with an arm-like mount so that the back of the tv is not actually against the wall, but rather, it is perpendicular , if u get what i mean.. like a "T" where the top of the "T" is the wall, and the arm of the "T", is the tv .. how come thats ok, but not hanging from ceiling?

thanks

6. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

is you desk really that small?

7. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

Did this thread lose some posts? im sure i posted other things here