This is screwed up; felt dizzy, pain today

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Roasted, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roasted

Roasted New Member

Soooo, here is some background; I've been lifting for a looooooooooong time. Started when I was about 16 and a half and I'm 25 now. I'm 6'1 and weighed in at 215 today at probably about the 14% bf mark if I had to guess (never had it measured :dunno:). NOw lately my workouts have been getting more and more intense. I usually put on some heavy ass music when I work out (I'm a metalhead :p) and get kind of pissed off on purpose on some of the bigger lifts. :fawk: I'm 100% natural.....never touched gear of any kind and I don't really intend to. The most "questionable" thing I've ever touched was probably Ephedrine when I was like 18 for a couple of months before workouts.

So anyways, today I was doing arms with some drop sets and got a crazy ass pump going. After I finished of the bis I start on my tris and after one set I started feeling a pain in my chest with some light headedness. I stopped immediately....rested a few more minutes and tried for another set but the pain was comming back. Needless to say I stopped my workout and went home. SHIT, this freaked me out. I've been doing so well lately that I almost felt invincible. I'm 25 and there is no history of heart problems in my family. I've pushed myself in the gym almost to the point of passing out before but never felt like this. If this shit happens again I'm gonna go to a doctor to get checked out. Anyone ever get anything like this? Should I be concerned?

Cliffs: I'm 25 and pretty much in tip top shape, never touched gear, etc. and I felt a pain in my chest and light headed in the gym today during a pretty intense workout. WTF?

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

make a post about it on f&n?

3. TZ

TZ Banned

Go see a doctor if it's really bothering you?

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

definitely see a doc just in case.. thats scary dude

5. Roasted

Roasted New Member

check
    check

And I'm gonna take it a little easier the next week or so. If I see a repeat of this though, off to a doc I go.

6. hootpie

hootpie New Member

That happened to me once when I sneezed. I strained a muscle in my chest wall cavity and the pain was so sharp that I started to panic a little, which caused my dizziness.

Does it still hurt?

Go see a doctor.

7. Roasted

Roasted New Member

NO but it took a few hours for it to go away completely. And yes, my first thought was a pulled muscle, or just extreme soreness from a previous workout but I don't think that's what it was. I've pulled a muscle in my neck before from shitty form doing incline bench and that took a good two weeks to heal. I can kind of see how the dizziness could be psychological though, almost like a panic attack :dunno:

8. Plan B

Plan B New Member

There's a lot of things it could be. Go get it checked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.