SRS This is not right at all.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vay, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Vay

Vay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Ok I get a call from a co worker saying that the store manager told everyone that if all the drama does not stop that they are firing everyone. I do not know what is going on really since I only work certain hours at this one job and I was on vacation for the last couple of days. So does the store manager have a right to just fire everyone up front because of what a couple of people have done?

I am so mad right now :o
  2. pashy

pashy New Member

Nov 10, 2005

some places are able to fire casual workers without notice or particular reason. thats the nature of casual work.

do you have employment contracts? if you do, i'd be reading them right about now.
  3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I think most places employees are 'at will' meaning you can leave for whatever reason and they don't need a reason to fire you.
    Like pashy said, it will be in your contract (or employee handbook).
    I worked at a job where the manager said that once. He came in screaming that everyone was useless and we should all be fired. I quit that day. They don't pay me enough to put up with that bullshit (it was only a part-time second job anyways).
    How are things otherwise at work?
  4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    You don't know the extend and the seriousness of the threat, sometimes people just say something, but there might be a core of truth behind it. Anyway just keep doing your job and don't get into any fights or stressfull situations, your job aint worth it.