SRS This is my first time in here EVER

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by originalM, Feb 25, 2007.

1. originalM

originalM Correctamundo.

But I figured I'd see if I could gain any insight from members of OT. I'll try to keep it all as short as possible, but if it gets a little long winded I apologize in advance.

Anyway, I've had the luxury of having lived both in a very large city as well as living in the country, so I've had a very eclectic upbringing. Well, the dilemma I'm having is the rest of my life. LOL. I'm living kinda out of the way right now, but I don't know if it's where I belong or if I should move back to the city.

Now, that may seem silly, but the problem is I am torn as to where I "fit in". I've been told not to even think about it and to just get in where I fit in, but the problem is I fit in just about anywhere. I enjoy going out in the woods in my truck and blowing shit up in my back yard as much as I do going to the beach as much as I do sitting around on the computer or playing video games, or taking pictures of scenery and buildings in the middle of the city.
    I wouldn't mind buying like 10 acres of land and settling down with a wife, but at the same time I wouldn't mind living in an apt right in the heart of the city.

I don't like NOT doing anything towards my future (I have a job, mediocre, but it's a job) but I could go either way and it's that inability to decide that's holding me back. I am decent with photoshop and enjoy doing graphic arts, but I am damn good with a wrench and not too shabby at welding. I am afraid to start one way or another because what if it's the wrong way?

Anyone else have a similar situation or am I just looney? :o

2. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

I was the exact same way...until i lived in the city in Florida for a while

I loved going to the beach and all...but eventually the city got to me. Always noise, always busy, the place never slept, i never saw any stars, concrete everywhere...i started going crazy :noes: i moved the hell outta there.

So in reality im too much of a country boy to be living in the city :o

try living in the city once. But from the sounds of it, it'll drive you crazy like it did me and youll come crawling back to the country :hs:

3. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

I had similar feelings at age 25. When I look back on that age I realize that I should have just enjoyed life, without worrying too much about the future...you've got a job and a decent place to live, so there's really not much to concern yourself with other than making friends, having fun, doing what interests you. After you've experienced enough of these things, only then will you realize what you like more than anything else, and then you'll pursue that. That usually happens when you're in your thirties.

Until then, just have fun :)

4. originalM

originalM Correctamundo.

That's a relief to know that others have gone through similar circumstances, thank you both for the advice. You don't know how much it helps to hear that.

5. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Absolutely. We've been there, many people have. You may be surprised to learn how many people will be willing to share life experiences, given half a chance. All it takes is some face to face. Have a great time...life is wonderful.

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Well if you feel you need to make a decision right now then base it on what you feel is right for your future.

Would you like to own a farm or ranch possibly, or take up a trade where you can make enough money in that area to live comfortably? Would you like to go to school and/or maybe work in a more business type setting? Do you want to make as much money as possible, or just have as little stress as possible?

If you're unsure, don't just sit around feeling empty. Ask yourself some serious questions that will help you find what you truly feel is right for you.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

So what if it is the wrong way? When you find out that it is then you can go do the other thing. Or you could do both jobs at the same time, just work part time at each one. You don't have to decide your whole life right now. You are young, try everything once and see how things go. The same goes for where to live. Get an apartment at one place for a year and when that lease is up go somewhere else. I move to a new place just about everytime my lease ends because I enjoy the change and trying out new things. People say that renting is a waste of money but right now I'd hate to buy a place and be stuck living in the same spot for a long time. I like having the freedom to move around when I want.