SRS This is me again

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Los, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Los

Los Active Member

I'm really depressed.

I know why.

I work for a company that will not promote me or help me go further because I work with idiot managers and directors. Its all about sales, not a nuturing, respective workplace where things get done. Evidently, as a new store manager was hired, I get less hours and while the sentiment among all the staff is the same (he's a douchebag and no one likes him).

Now my real problem is that I want to leave this company. I want to pursue other things and work for a company that will at least acknowledge the work their employees put in. I don't care too much about pay, but you know, I'd like to make enough money to invest, buy another car, etc. But I don't feel that the jobs available here (unfortunately, low pay, retail jobs) are worth my time and experience. And I don't want to stay in that environment of constantly meeting sales goals. I'd rather do more productive things like spreadsheets, meeting analysts, etc.

I don't know what to do. I'm at a dead end.

2. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

sales sucks. i've been doing it for 5 years or so and hate it.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im not saying you should, but moving to a bigger and wealthier city along with finding another job 'might' improve the situation. It could be a place where people have need for your skills. I just want to add tho, that you shouldn't let the quality of your life depend on other people. Its basically a direction of oppertunity that you should follow, jump in to see where you can be the one who can forfill a need in a job that enables you to grow and move forward financially.

4. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

Don't mean to hit you while you're down, but this country's unemployment rate is extremely low. If you can't find a job in this economy, maybe it's your skillset that needs updating.

As for finding a company that appreciates you, I think you should stop being so naive. In a workplace, you're there to get paid, not appreciated. Bosses usually don't verbally appreciate their employees just like employees usually don't verbally appreciate their bosses.