This is fucking bullshit v. NCIC background check

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TurkeyChicken, Oct 9, 2008.

1. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

So I bought my bike on Sunday. went to register my bike and find out New Mexico has some new NCIC background check requirement. That needs to be completed before you can do any titles/registrations.

So I'm like whatever and give them my info. They tell me to come back today and then i could actually register and shit.

Well, I go by this morning and they haven't received it yet. So I just called today (which on the slip they gave me said WOULD BE DONE BY 10/9 by 12:00pm and if it wasn't, they would call me by 10:00am to let me know) and they still haven't received the fucking thing.

So now I'm afraid they won't get it tomorrow and i'll be stuck not being able to ride legally all weekend.

This is fucking bullshit. Anyone else have to deal with this bullshit NCIC thing? Just let me register my fucking bike so i can ride it, I don't need a government background check to do that.

2. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

bummer dude i think that would drive me insane getting a new bike and not being able to ride it

3. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

they still haven't received it yet. They said they resubmitted it :mad:

i've been riding it a little bit without the registration though :noes:

4. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

NCIC is the national crime information center. When a cop runs your license plate, it comes back with all the info on the owner and wether its registered and what not. Sounds like the DMV wants to run the VIN through NCIC to make sure its not stolen. Its literally takes 2 seconds to run something through NCIC. It sounds like the problems you are having are with the DMV and not the computer system... so once again FUCK THE DMV

5. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

Fuck the MVD Express in their fucking asses.

I just sat in the fucking regular MVD for 3 hours... but at least i didn't have to wait on the MVD Express to get my NCIC check back.

Now i finally have it registered.

6. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

Did you pop a victory wheelie?

7. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

Here I just walk into my DMV and literally 5 mins. later I walked out with my plate and registration. Title was received in the mail about 2 weeks later.

Now my new bike the dealer screwed up the paperwork and took me almost two months to get my plate and registration.