SRS This is day 5 of no cigarettes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by critter783, Apr 6, 2009.

1. critter783

critter783 OT Supporter

and man do I feel like shit. I got sick last Wednesday, and didn't smoke for 2 days after that, and finally decided to just give it up, and today has been a real struggle the whole day. Anyone know about how long I'll be feeling physically bad before it starts to turn around?

2. seismic

seismic New Member

When I quit, the physical symptoms seemed to be gone within a week. I only smoked about a half a pack a day. After the first week, it was just a matter of getting over the mental side. Good luck!

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

could be months. Have you considered a patch type substitute for the physical part of the addiction? The mental part...well, just be prepared for a lengthy standoff!

4. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

Keep it up mate, I'm on day 8 myself.

Smoked over 12 years, around 20 a day.

I've bought lots of snacks so when I feel the need for a smoke, I eat, which is cool, I'm a skinny mofo anyways.

5. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

its the mental part that fucks with me cause i quite smoking cause prices went up but everytime i drink i find myself buying a pack of cigs ... but the next morning regret it and don't smoke when im not drinking anymore ... work really sucks now cause i used to spend at least 2 or 3 hours outside walking around and smoking