GUN this guy's daily carry > your daily carry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ebtromba, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

Man Arrested at LAX with Car Full of Weapons, Ammo

http://www.keyc.com/node/15915 video

A motorist with 30 handguns, seven rifles and fully loaded ammunition magazines in his pickup truck is arrested at Los Angeles International Airport.An airport spokeswoman says the truck was stopped today by airport police officers at an entrance to the passenger terminals area.The man was arrested for investigation of weapons transportation violations.His name has not been released.Police officials say there's no indication the man was out to do any harm at the airport.He was apparently picking someone up.

-----------

Driver with 16 guns arrested at airport
    http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=229109

LOS ANGELES -- A motorist with 16 guns and at least 700 rounds of ammunition in his pickup truck was arrested Friday at a vehicle checkpoint as he entered Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

The weapons and ammunition were in a container in the back of the man's truck, which was stopped by airport police officers at a major entrance to the passenger terminals area, said airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.

The 47-year-old man's identity was not immediately released.

-------------------

37 weapons found on LAX-bound man
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_11416883

More than three dozen weapons and a cache of ammunition were found this morning in the car of a man driving through a checkpoint at Los Angeles International Airport.

Airport police officers discovered the firearms stashed in the rear bed of a Chevrolet Silverado 4 x4 during a random inspection at 11 a.m. near Century and Sepulveda boulevards, according to Sgt. Jim Holcomb, a spokesman for the Airport Police Department.

Included in the find were 30 handguns and seven rifles.

"It's infrequent when our officers find such a large number of firearms coming into the airport and we're taking this very seriously," Holcomb said.

The driver remained in custody as the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Los Angeles Police Department investigated whether he owns the weapons and his reason for transporting them, Holcomb said.

It was unclear what charges, if any, the driver faces.

----------------

arfcom meat gone horribly wrong?

2. more off

more off Moderator

3. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

was this three separate people? or just three different numbers?

4. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

First and third say 37, so they've got to be the same.

Not sure about the second one. 16 is quite a bit smaller.

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i can drive to dulles with whatever i want loaded and it is legal

lol

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I tried to tell those fuckers that I was on the way to the shot show and I have a CCW for all that shit.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You cann't have guns at the airport? I just thought you couldn't go past the TSA check in area....

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

depends on state laws, and full mags in some states = no no

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I have this problem every time I fly.

10. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

discrepancies in an article. same person, same incident

:rofl:

11. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Funny thing is, you can kill people outside the secure area too, so I'm not surprised they got worried when dude rolled up with a fucking arsenal in his trunk. But I guess some people feel they need to be prepared in case they have to take out an entire terrorist cell themselves, Die-Hard-style.

Sounds like the guy had a collecting disorder. That's getting more common these days. That's what happens when people can't actually do anything with their lives (or their guns, in this case) -- they just collect symbols of the lives they'd like to lead, but that doesn't relieve the stress because they can't actually do anything with them.

Dude should've joined the Army. He'd have gotten one gun, a good one at that, and he'd get to use it every day.

12. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

So people who collect guns all have a disease now?

13. deusexaethera

No. I collect things too: pens, watches, flashlights, multi-tools, and knives. If I lived in a place where I could use guns to shoot things, I'd probably collect guns too. (Probably one assault rifle and a bunch of cool old guns, like Derringers.)

But I don't, and wouldn't, carry a large number of deadly weapons with me everywhere I go, because my collecting is a hobby, not an addiction. I assume the same is true for you and virtually everyone else here, which is why it's not a disorder.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guy may of been nutty and took them everywhere or maybe he was dropping the wife off at the airport and going for a weekend of shooting somewhere :dunno:

15. deusexaethera

I can't say it's impossible. But a well-adjusted person would've taken one look at the pile of guns in his truck and thought "ya know, this might bother the cops at the airport. You'll notice he didn't turn around when he saw he was coming up on a checkpoint, so apparently it didn't occur to him how his behavior might appear to others. That doesn't mean he's crazy, but most people will at least consider what other people think, even if they don't actually care; it's a sign of a properly-functioning conscience.

16. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: 30 guns a collection disorder

:ugh:

17. deusexaethera

30 guns that he was carrying with him. They didn't check his house to see how many more he has. Maybe that was all of them, I dunno. But did he need them all with him at once? On his way to the airport? No, I don't think he did.

Anyway, the cops let him go. All they did was do their job to make sure the guy wasn't actually planning to shoot up the place, which is fine. Hell, I've had cops come up to me when I'm standing outside at 2am smoking a cigarette wearing black pants and a black jacket. Do I mind? Not really; if it were someone else pacing around my neighborhood looking all shady-like, I'd want the cops to make sure he wasn't scoping out someone's house. And I'm capable of thinking that way because I have a functioning conscience.

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It is when you only have 700rds for 37 guns.

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

yeah, 20 rounds a piece = :weak:

20. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

The barfcom battle axe daily carry still >*

21. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.51 Beta (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2723; U; en))

awesome deux is crapping on this thread too. what a cocksmoking fagmo

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  22. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

this sounds like over kill by Comufornia again.

The guy is probably a hunting guide and was picking a client up from the air port. He brought a selection of rifles and a couple of handguns for safety reasons. California has bears and coyotes and other unsafe critters.

So, he hits the check point and some power tripping airport cop hears the guy consent to a search and blows a gasket because he sees guns.

Arrests him and calls it in, and some low life reporter runs with the story trying to make a name for himself, so the FBI and BATFE have to step in to power trip on him for the mandatory 72 hours and scare him half to death so he dosn't file a wrongful arrest charge against the airport police.

Now he gets to spend the next 5 years fighting comufornias statutes trying to get his property back only to discover some clerk wrote them off as unretrevable and 37 of his firearms that he used for buisness worth 20,000 dollars have all been melted down and turned into a public interest modern art sculpture that looks like a pile of dog shit that now resides in front of the air port as a warning to other "gun runners"

at least my version wouldn't surprise me at all in that piece of shit state.

23. Laurel

Laurel New Member

what would you hunt in California? Celebrities?:cool:

24. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I don't know why I'm taking the troll bait but...

Who cares? If the man was acting legally, and it appears as though he may have been, why should he have to do something differently because someone else is made uncomfortable by it? I imagine there are cops that would be made uncomfortable by me just having 1 gun in my car or by carrying one in my pocket. I expect the police to be enforcers of the law, not enforcers of their own comfort levels. Why should a man doing something perfectly legal be expected to not go through a security check point?

25. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

The one thing that bothers me the most is it says they are holding him until they find out why he was transporting the firearms. Maybe it's just me but the first cop to ask me that question would get the im sorry but that's none of your buisness answer until I was blue in the face.

And I actually am considering a career in law enforcment.

Since when do you have to have a reason to transport anything? Granted comufornia has some gay transportation laws but from the way it sounds he wasn't doing anything wrong.

The way sensationalist journalism is in comufornia i'd bet dollars to pesos that had he been transporting them loaded, or other wise illegally it would have been in the article.