GUN This guy was the range officer :ugh:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Y2kAccord, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

The range I went to yesterday also sells gun, this guy who had a range officer shirt on that worked there was showing guns to a lady who I overheard had not ever shot a gun before.
    One of the first things I overheard him tell her was, a gun for defense dont worry about the sights, even with night sights you are just gonna point the gun and start pulling the trigger :ugh: Even making the POP POP POP POP POP POP POP noises
    The last part was him telling her he sights in his .22 rifles in his house by putting a phonebook on the door and shooting it down the hallway.

Sometimes this place makes me wonder :ugh:

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I've actually heard people shooting a .22 in the house :o

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've heard of people shooting them off their balcony before

4. Gjs312

Gjs312 For life

My grandfather used to shoot his inside his house all the time. Would just put up a big peice of wood and let us blast away at it when we were little :rofl:

5. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

When I was young we lived in a rural area around here, and had several horses. I have memories of my dad standing on the balcony of our second story shooting a revolver with a scope at coyotes trying to attach the horses.

Found out later it was a .357 of some sort.

6. sebeck

sebeck New Member

A couple years ago i was at my now exgf house in Tenessee. We were having morning coffee in the kitchen and small talk. I was looking outside and saw a squirrel. When i mentioned it her dad just opened the sliding glass door, grabbed a .22 rifle and shot the squirrel without even leaving the kitchen. Then he went outside with a wal-mart bag and bagged the squirrel and threw it in the trash. lol

7. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I shoot starlings out of the back door and kitchen window all the time with a .22 or 12 gauge :mamoru: :o Infact I blew one out if a tree and into the pool once; my parents pulled up when I was fishing it out :hs: I got two with one shot (12 gauge) last week infact.

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

While I may not necessarily agree thats its best to teach people to not worry about the sights, I don't think its implausible to believe in a panic situation that you'll wind up point shooting. This is partially why a good hand fit for a gun is so important. Point your finger, look somewhere in the room and while staring at the object point at it without looking at your finger. Bet you get close enough for central mass hits and faster than you could use sights.

9. Blind Prophet

Blind Prophet New Member

The owner of this NAPA store where I lived used to sight in his .22 in the store. We would put up a couple big phone books and have fun.

10. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

lol ive fired my air rifle inside, but never anything that uses gunpowder...!

my dad told me once, that when he was younger (20s) he had a friend "frosty" who was a big gun nut whos pride and joy was a 44mag revolver. one day he loaded some 44mag cartridges without a bullet but with a paper wad, and walked into the living room where is sister was watching tv, pulled his revolver and shot at her head... she screamed and screamed, his mum comes running from the kitchen and asks what happens, so Frosty says, i just shot my sister now im going to shoot you, then lets another round off at his mum...

needless to say, Frosty then lived with my dad for a few months after that incident :rofl:

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Frosty's lucky, people have been killed by paper wadding at close range.

Fwiw I wouldn't shoot in a house because of lead exposure among other more obvious reasons.

12. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

no doubt!!! he was and still is one crazy mother!!!

13. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Doesn't seem like the brightest guy :hs: