MIL This guy insists all military reports are availble online - is this true?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NormanNormal, May 15, 2005.

1. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

A client of mine hired me to do some research regarding unit "morning reports" from vietnam. He said another guy whose job it is do work with documentation like this 100% assured him he would be able to locate these reports online and print them right out at the NARA website. He provided me with instructions from the guy on how to do it but all his instructions said was to read the FAQ about obtaining these reports, all it says is you need to have a written mailed in request to get them.

This seemed highly suspect to me, I mean seriously think about all the man hours it would take to scan in every single document ever and have them avilable online. Yet my client insists that this guy knows his stuff as its his job. (which is very questionable to me due to his crappy "instructions".) Every single reference to these reports I have found you must follow up with a written request or fill out a form and mail it with a 4 month turn around time.

I explained this all to my client yet again he insists the other guy was 100% clear it was availble to all online and easy to get and that I must be missing something. This frustrates me to no end because I know you can't get these reports online, the whole logic of that being possible is insane.

So anyone know if documents like these are really available online? I want to be able to say to this guy I asked a military community site and tell him the answer.

thanks

2. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

so its definitely not available online then?

3. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

I tried doing some research and very Little is actually available to public access.

You have to send a request most likely.