This bitch is a perfect example of why GM needs to file chapter 11

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RonJeremey, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

And boot the fucking UAW out the god damned door:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081116/BUSINESS01/811160362/1014

2. GPkustoms

GPkustoms OT Supporter

hit the nail on the head

3. Baldwizzle

Baldwizzle New Member

Fuckin' skank

4. Werm

Werm Guest

Nah bro... it's only the workers and not their shitty shitty products.

5. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

hmm... Should I make some concession to the company that employs me to keep my job running for a little longer or should I say fuck it and burn the fucker down? hmmmm choices choices...

6. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

but that union worker is probably the most specialized cup holder placer in the whole world!!!!!!!

7. Werm

Werm Guest

Why would they? Ride that train out and when it fails gets some free moneys from the governments.

8. Verbal Diarrhea

Verbal Diarrhea Active Member

Do you think top management and CEOs would sacrafice anything? Hell fucking no!!!!!!!!!!!!! The unions have thier purposes and are needed. Work in the real world for awhile and you'll see why.

9. Kriz

Kriz Active Member

It's a shame that she would rather be unemployed then help the company that has supported her family for 5 generations.

10. Werm

Werm Guest

:werd: Everyone bitches about slightly higher wages of employees but ignore the executives getting paid millions in many cases :mamoru:

THEY lay off/fire workers to keep that huge fortune but the employees are the devils! Talk about corporate brainwashing.

11. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

... Have you seen GM's products in the last 6-7 years? They are equal or greater than their import counterparts in many cases now... And they have alot of nice cars that aren't even in competition with anything imported...
    Examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

etc. etc. etc.

12. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Most unions, yes, The UAW, no. And yes I feel the management should be mad to take cuts as well.

13. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Fine purveyor of x.264, h.264 & TS HD-Video !!! HD

:bowdown: i totally agree...

14. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Yes, she has a hell of an advantage over her counter parts at the Honda and Toyota factories in north America who do it for 65-75% of the pay...

15. Werm

Werm Guest

I can stick a flower in a piece of shit but it's still a piece of shit with a flower on top.

16. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

OMG let's blame everything on unions - if it wasn't for them we'd be living in Heaven.

17. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Yes, the 20 or so top execs making millions FAR outweigh the 1.2 million worker's over inflated salaries thanks to the unions.

18. heebdawg16

heebdawg16 New Member

couldn't agree with this thread more.

I credit the UAW as the #1 force behind the massive failure of American Car Companies.

Personally, I fucking hate Unions and I wish there was some easy solution to getting rid of the fucking UAW. Cool, they go on strike and spend tons of time arguing with the car companies just to do it for the sake of showing power...I love how they have like 13 minute bathroom breaks once every 2 hours, shift start time is 8:07am instead of just 8:00am, etc etc. It's just them being faggots for faggots sake.

19. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Oh there are other problems as well, but come on... Take a pay cut to save your job in a time of economic hardship, or let your job fail....... that's just ignorant.

20. heebdawg16

heebdawg16 New Member

yeah, because of the UAW, we pay people who just put one screw in another part over and over all day about $30 an hour

Therefore, with labor costs being millions, the quality of a $25,000 American Car is about equal to the quality of a $15,000 Japanese car because of the gross overpayment of labor that we need to make up for in the price.

21. kitty

kitty Uppity ass cat OT Supporter

G Richard Wagoner Jr has been CEO of General Motors (GM) for 5 years. Mr. Wagoner Jr has been with the company for 28 years .
    Total Compensation: $8.5 mil5 (#159)
    5-Year Compensation Total: $22,221 thou
    http://www.forbes.com/static/pvp2005/LIRSOX2.html

22. heebdawg16

heebdawg16 New Member

Also, American Car Companies, throughout history, are NOTORIOUSLY slow to bring new technologies and concepts to market. They spend forever in the concept/design stage, while other companies stay on top of the ball and always bring new ideas out quickly.

Not a UAW issue there, but just an american car company issue in general. When power windows and locks started becoming very prevalent on Japanese cars in the late 80's, American car companies just thumbed their noses at the idea and thought that people wouldnt really care about that stuff. So now you have $30,000 american luxury sedans without ANY new features, and $12,000 japanese compacts with power everything.

23. Verbal Diarrhea

Verbal Diarrhea Active Member

I'm not an autoworker but why bash a good union? They're actually keeping paychecks rolling while people get laid off because the CEOs decide they want to make more money off a new car. When they decide on a new model, the factories have to be re-tooled and that means lay offs work the assembly line workers. If the UAW wasn't there, no one would be paid during those lay offs. I can see people not getting paid if the company was having finance problems but not GM. They make profits regardless.

24. Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape OT Supporter

While I agree the UAW is killing the automakers, there is no reason the execs should be getting paid millions, riding around in Ferrari's , taking their kids to tropical islands etc etc while their decisions have helped drive GM into the ground as well.:ugh2:

25. Javal

Javal New Member

Australian built and Korean Built respectively.