ThinkVantage Wifi Tool

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tonydogx, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Tonydogx

Tonydogx OG status.

Is there a program similar to IBM's ThinkVantage? I need a wifi tool/software that can locate devices I can connect to. ThinkVantage is capable of telling me each device's mac address and allows me to choose which device I am going to connect to. Anyone know of a similar wifi tool?

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

NetStumbler

3. Tonydogx

Tonydogx OG status.

I've looked into Netstumbler. Even though I can see all the specific devices and Mac addresses. I cannot CONNECT to that specific device.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

So, what devices are listed in NetStumbler that you can't connect to via Window's own internal Wi-Fi connector? I know NS sees more, but it doesn't necessarily show you available networks that would be strong enough for you to connect to - especially without authentication. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

5. Tonydogx

Tonydogx OG status.

Nevermind I found a program that allows me do what I wanted. Imagine you see 10 networks (are not encrypted) and some of them have the SAME NAME. But you need to be on one specific network, so how do you go about this? You would need the mac address and the ability to connect to that mac address.

NetStumbler is useless to me because it does not allow me to connect to that mac address.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

So what's the name of the program you found, since the suggestions you got here weren't good enough?

Don't just take, give back a little.