Thinkpad or Powerbook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sirmark, Jun 25, 2004.

1. sirmark

sirmark HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am trying to decide on a laptop to go with my desktop. My desktop is a custom made pc 3.2 ghz p4 and loaded. I am going into the game design and animation field so i will be using photoshop, 3ds max, maya etc. I have heard that apple is the way to go for video and graphics and all the computers at my school are g4. However i want to be able to do work on my laptop and then put it on my pc and share files etc. The compatibility is the thing that scares me for the mac. I need something with decent battery life so i can take notes or whatever without plugging it in. I dont need a desktop replacement but rather something that can handle the same programs fairly good but be used away from home. Any input on the two would be very helpful. Thanks

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Get the Powerbook. You will not have compatibility problems in this day and age. Your Mac will integrate seamlessly into your Windows network and file formats are no longer different between Mac and Windows (especially with things like Phtotoshop). You'll love the Powerbook, they're great computers.