TAT Thinking of stretching my ears

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Emery, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Emery

Emery New Member

Before I go google around, just wanted to know some MUST KNOW facts bout stretching your ears. All I really want are 6-4g stretches. How long will that take? What do I get it peirced at? 12 gauge? Can I get it at 8 gauge?

Any info, thanks.

Chris

2. leeHA

leeHA New Member

You can get pierced at 6ga.

3. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I wouldn't recommend getting punched at 6. You can't let your ears heal over naturally down the road.

I've heard to pierce your ear and get a taper and slowly work at it. I knew a guy that went from 20/22 to 0 in a few months. He went really slow. My left ear I went from 20/22, waiting for it to heal, went to 18 then 16 then 12 then 10 then finally 6. I spaced it out to see how I would like it. My right ear I went insanly fast. Pierced, 2 or 3 hours later went to 10. The next morning(8 or 10 hours later) went to 6. I had no problems. It didn't hurt much at all, but it was hard to push my taper in for a little until something gave way and I could just slide it in.
    You just need to keep an eye on it.

4. Splak

Splak New Member

I went from a 16 to a 0 in about a year.. I have to take my earrings out at work so it naturally took me longer. If you start small tell the piercer you plan to stretch, but if I could do it again I would get pierced at the gauge you want.

5. August Burns Red

August Burns Red New Member

first You are pierced with a 16g. and it will take you 3-4 weeks per stretch to a new gauge. So if you get them pierced today you wait 5-6weeks (i only waited 4) then begin with a 14g, which you will not feel a thing. If you do not feel no pain then your ear lobe is good to go so just skip to a 12g then you'll feel a little something but no pain at all. Wait about 3-4 weeks, so your ears get used to it. Then keep the cycle going.........10g, then 8g, then 6g, then 4g, then 2g, then 0g, then if you want to be bigger than what the preffered size is go 00g.The only ones that will hurt a little will be from 6g-00g.

Me i went from 16g to 0g, in the matter of 3 months. Meh no pain.. if you want more in depth info just pm me.

Edit: when you pierce with a gauge bigger than 12g it might hurt more and take longer to begin the stretching process.... from piercing 6-7weeks and then 4-6 in between.

Edit v2: when stretching don't use f!cking tapers they suck and are hard to sleep with. Use Pinchers to stretch.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You can be pierced at just about any gauge you like. Most piercers prefer to only use up to a 8g or 6g needle. Anything bigger and the bevel on the needle causes a nasty tear as it comes through.

Marshy - Getting pierced at 6g won't effect how the ears heal if he decides to take them out if they're done with a needle. If they're dermal punched than yes it will make a difference.

Meinl - No shop should be piercing lobes with 16g jewellery, its way too small for an initial size. He should be starting at 14g or 12g. Piercing at larger gauges heals faster which means he can stretch sooner.

Go to your local shop and discuss it with your piercer. They'll suggest to you the best way to go about what you want to do.

7. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I thought they only punched them at 6g?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Dermal punching is an option. It's not recommended for earlobes or if you plan on stretching your ears. It removes a large chunk of tissue which means less tissue for stretching.

9. leeHA

leeHA New Member

I was pierced at 8ga and my friend pierced at 6ga. Both of our lobes are doing fine. I haven't had a blow out ever and now I'm at 11/16th.

10. cdk-rod

cdk-rod Active Member

I went from 18g to 5/8 in about a year. I just finished the 5/8 stretch about a few minutes ago. It was a jump from 9/16 as that was a double tapered plug and it was falling out, but it wasn't big enough to just slide the 5/8 in. So over the next 3 days I just kept wrapping the plug in tape until it got to the size, and bam, it went in.

Stretching while you're in the shower helps too when you're doing the longer stretches. I also never used an actual taper, I just used pinchers and from 7/16 to 1/2 I used 2 permanent markers.

11. Emery

Emery New Member

update: got them pierced at a local tattoo shop, First Amendment. was great, everyone was nice there and it was my first time being there. I got my ears punched at 10g and now they're 8's. Gonna move to 6 as soon as I can. The move from the 10g jewelry to the 8 tapers wasn't anything, didn't feel anything at all so yeah. Can't wait to stretch a little more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  12. Pinksmartie

Pinksmartie Guest

:cool:

I've recently just gone from 8G to 6G... but it's still not enough for me :mamoru:

13. Emery

Emery New Member

Yeah^ Just went right now from 8g to 6g. Hurts, but I love it. And I think I'm gonna stop here.