Thinking of starting a temp. by Appointment Detail business.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Buick Muscle, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

Due to the unpredictability of my school schedule and tech. training, I cannot really work a job thats on a schedule basis. However, since I am currently living in a house with a garage, and I have a FUCK TON of automotive detailing supplies with me, I am thinking about advertising and starting a by appointment auto detailing business.

Basically I want to advertize by word of mouth, and have people just drop their rides off on an appointment basis.

What do you think are the possibilities of this going well? Additionally, what prices should I charge to obtain some business? I don't want to work for beans, but at the same time I don't want to charge out of the market and lose potential customers?

Questions? Comments?

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Dropping off the car might be the deal breaker as that would require your clients have a ride follow them to your place so they can go do whatever while you're detailing. You would probably do better going to the client.

Establish a "menu" and by that I mean a price list for services. Allowing your clients to pick and choose what they want done (think of this as the "a la carte" section) or a package deal will help prevent you from limiting their choices due to pricing.

3. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking. I was going to do something along the lines of just a hand wash, hand wash/wax, interior cleaning, and offering a grand daddy package that involves me using the quality (read: net ordered) products.

If they live nearby, I could always shuttle them with my Buick.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Your best bet would be to register at http://autopia.org and read through the professional detailing forum. There is an amazing amount of good information there.