Thinking of Selling my case/mobo for a Shuttle barebones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kostiw, Oct 17, 2004.

1. kostiw

kostiw Long Live The Emperor!

I have a Xaser iii full size black case and its just to freaking big and heavy. iv always wanted a shuttle but never have had the urge to research em, finally i did and found some nice refurb stuff on the shuttle site.

I Found This SB75G2 XPC REFURBD. From The Shuttle site

If im going ot buy this im going to sell my Xaser iii huge friggen case, and my ASUS P4C800(D)? (Could be D, cant remember exatly).

I want to put my existing system into the shuttle so i can take it between houses and places easyer.

Is the shuttle motherboard gonna last for a few years? or sould i just stick to what i have now and buy a smaller case?

Im not a fan of lights, Case modding, or Flashy paint. i just like a simple box with no color that is easy to hide. and trying to do that with a 2.5 foot case isnt easy.

Is it worth the effort of selling my stuff now for getting a system that is that size with that motherboard for that price?

i already compared my current system specs with that of the motherboard and it just all fits in speed wise. but i havent been alert for release times of faster bus speeds on things.

My Current case

My Current MoBo

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

i have an antec lanboy 2, its a midsized case, however its damned light, and nie and quite.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Don't forget, with the shuttle systems you get:
    - only 1 pci slot
    - 2 ram slots
    - 1 agp slot, which will limit upgrade options if you want to add a newer geforce card that takes up 2 slots
    - usually only space for 1 hard drive, some will let you fit 2 in there, but that greatly increases heat
    - smaller power supply which can limit video card upgrade options(ie. power hungry GF 6800 Ultra/GT)
    They usually come with lots of USB's, decent onboard sound, firewire, LAN, so they're pretty stocked, but you just need to remember the size issues.
    I have the AMD A64 version, and I love it. It does run a bit hot, but that's also because my Radeon 9800 pro is in the case, and my 10k raptor is in there too.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

that shuttle will not compare with your system.... Dont do it.