Thinking of installing the following in my car, need advice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Conner MacManus, Jul 11, 2002.

1. I have a 94 ford mustang...

I'm thinking of buying an amplified MTX Thunderform...

1 question about this thing... It says on the homepage because the amp is built in to the thunderform enclosure, you don't have to rip out your head unit to install it... how is that possible??? Doesn't the amp have to be connected to the BACK of the head unit???

I've decided on that one because I don't have to screw around with another amp, the amp is made specifically for th at 10" subwoofer in the enclosure made to perfectly fit in my car's trunk, I don't want a SHITLOAD of bass, just enough to feel...

Now, I would also like to replace the stock speakers with two 3.5" infinity kappa's in the front, and two infinity kappa 6x9's in the back... Is that also something I could do myself???

I want to avoid having this installed cuz I dont feel like paying the fee, so that sub says I dont have to pull out the headunit, and I imagine that hooking up the 4 new speakers will just be ripping out the old ones and plugging in the same wires/connectors...

What do you guys think, and if u can recommend a good place to buy those components that'd be good too...

Thanks in advance.

2. GSteg

GSteg Member

sounddomain has some crystal mobilesound 3.5" for only $34.99. they are a great deal, considering they outperform speakers in that price range. crystal mobilesound produces great speakers. i think its better than infinity speakers

3. Really??? That price is damn good too...

4. chitlin pimp

chitlin pimp Guest

If you don't have to remove the head unit, then the thunderforms must have a speaker level input, which means you take your rear speaker wires and use them as input for the amp in the enclosure. Thats the only thing I can think of. I would hope the enclosure has RCA jacks as well for a "standard" install, which would yield better sound quality.