Thinking of getting an M5... keep my m3 or sell for a toyota?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by uneek, Nov 29, 2007.

1. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

I absolutely love my M3, but I am considering getting an M5, and I'm not sure if I should keep the M3 or sell it for a honda/toyota. I am always worried about someone hitting the M3 in a parking lot or running into a curb, etc. For owners of more than 1, has owning 2+ made you less apprehensive about this? I am very anxious about this.

I'm really not sure if I should keep the M3 (in which case I would daily drive the M5), or sell the M3 and get a toyota daily driver for peace of mind...

Also, when is the best time to buy? Do a lot of these get sold when a new baby/house comes along, spring, summerish?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. SethKrieg

SethKrieg Guest

Sell your m3. I drove the m5 and its just as bad as the m3 in performance if not better. Plus you get 2 extra doors.

3. Essence

Essence New Member

or get a 4 door m3??? :-O wowzers

4. Essence

Essence New Member

you can get it fixed.. I would never not consider buying a car just because it has had some paint work done to it. As long as I had a guy at a body shop inspect the car for anykind of damage that wasn't fixed correctly or whatever. A reputable body shop would fix a car to where you couldn't tell that anything had ever happened... thats their job.

5. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

thanks. I keep telling myself that I can fix anything that happens, but this is the only car I've ever paid much attention to so it's not the 'fixing' bit that bothers me, it's that something bad might happen in the first place. I'm wondering if having another might cut down on this since I won't put all my attention on one.

I'm not sure if this makes sense?

6. jwhuffandpuff

jwhuffandpuff OT Supporter

what years are we taling about, m3 e36? e46? and a new m5 with the v10 or the older v8?

7. joyride

joyride Active Member

your logic doesn't make sense.
    Keep the M3, buy and buy a beater.