GUN Thinking of getting a G23

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Didact, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Never been a huge fan of firearms -- in fact I've never really been interested until now... (just finished a TactMedic class so that I can assist law enforcement in the area).

So a friend who has an extra couple of pistols wanted to know if I'd buy his Glock 23 + 3 mags for $450

Good deal?

And I wont even begin to act like I know what the hell I'm talking about, so can anyone give me pros/cons of the glock?

2. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

That's a great deal depending on the condition of the Glock. You can't go wrong with getting a Glock.

3. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

I just recently bought a G23 myself, love the Glock. Like Jack said, depending on the condition, the price is pretty good. I would say since he's a friend, go shoot the gun at a range and see how it feels to you.

4. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

g23 is a great pistol...first glock i ever owned and it was the pistol i spent the first year of learning to shoot on...some people might suggest a softer round than the .40 for a beginner but i had no trouble. Nowadays i shoot my 9mm glocks more than anything and they are real pussycats even compared to a .40
    i would ask your friend to sell it for 425-400...NIB they go for 480-520 depending where you look.