Thinking of getting a bike

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mr. Master, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Master

Mr. Master New Member

I am thinking about buying a sportsbike. I have had very little experience on a dirt bike, but am pretty good at it for a beginner. Is getting a fast bike like a gsx-r1000 or hayabusa a stupid idea? I'm not thinking about going all out on it when I first get it. I want to learn slowly on it, but still have a cool super fast bike, so when I do learn I have the right bike to learn all that I can on it, or am I just looking to kill myself?

Which bike should I get the hayabusa, gixxer, r1, or rc51?

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

:hsugh:

Get any of them. Make sure you take out half of the spark plugs though. That way you can have your cool super fast bike and not kill yourself (too quickly).

:ugh2:

3. Shogun

Shogun Turntable tactician

lol a noob on a hayabusa, buy your dumbass a grave. buy a honda or somthing slow

4. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

i dont get why newbs buy haybusa's they look fuglier than shit and according to all the sportbike forums i've been on, i'm not the only one that thinks that, any 600 is a much cooler looking bike to pose w/

5. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

Please don't buy a bike, people like you cause the insurance for sport bikes to be insane.

6. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

R.I.P. Mr. Master

C'mon, dirt bikes and liter sportbikes are NOTHING alike! I ride a fucking scooter, and I know that! Buy a Hayabusa, and you will die. Get something in the 600cc range, plenty fast, but much more forgiving.

7. verticalINTENSEions

verticalINTENSEions New Member

dude, definately get a bike, they are awesome. as to which bike, the newer 600 sportbikes (gsxr, cbr, r6) are damn fast. the new 600's are putting out between 100 and 120hp, which is a helluva lot of power on a 300lb bike.

8. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

9. mrbill

mrbill New Member

sounds like someone is trolling to me.

10. Imagine

Imagine New Member

It is possible to learn on any bike with the correct mind set. Take an MSF course before you even consider buying a bike, and evaluate your skill level. No beginner is ready for a bike of that calliber, but with a little self restraint and caution new riders have started out on a Hayabusa or something similar with success.

With the politically correct BS out of the way. Be smart and start on something smaller. It will make you a better rider in the long run. If you do decide to buy a litre+ bike, please take out a million dollar life insurance policy with my name on it. Thanks.

11. Frequency

Frequency New Member

that what i thought too but i couldnm;t find my troll gif to post

12. Mr. Master

Mr. Master New Member

Troll? wtf is troll? Another internet thing? Get a life. Do you all say this stuff thinking i'm gonna go out and try dumbass things, or just in general even if I drive safely I will get hurt? I've been reading on the internet that even a gsx-r600 would be too much for a beginner, and it sounds like if someone can handle the r6 or gsx-r600 they would be able to handle the bigger sports bike. so, why not just get the bigger one if you can. It's really all on the rider and not the bike. 90% rider 10% bike is about right I think?

13. noxxs

noxxs New Member

not quite, with a liter bike, you can put a gas tank into your chin very easily, with a 600r (no matter what kind) you'll just run into something going very very very fast...easily.

14. Imagine

Imagine New Member

Seriously man. Anyone can learn how to ride on anything with the right attitude and a little control. You asked us, we told you what we thought. Most people that start out on big bikes usually end up totalling them in short order due to lack of knowledge, experience, and self control. Thats not to say that no one can learn to ride on a litre bike.

No one here knows you, or you ability. We can just give you general information based on general data. Your going to buy what you want anyway, why ask? If your looking for approval, you probably won't find it on a internet message board.

Learn to ride, evaluate your skill, and get what you think you need and are most comfortable on.

Why do you want a big bike, if you are going to ride slowly on it? I know the benefits of them, but do you?

15. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

I look at the whole starting on a liter bike or even a new supersport like this:

I've seen videos of people who have survived jumping out of the airplane even when their parachute failed to open. Does that mean you can survive everytime you do it?

Start small. Learn your skills. You'll be a much better rider in the long run.

16. Mr. Master

Mr. Master New Member

what bike do you guys suggest? I guess I can just upgrade when I get better.

17. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

I suggest you read through the stickies and not troll in my forum.

:lockd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.