Thinking of gettin a new amp - Hifonics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GlocksRock, Jun 24, 2004.

1. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Looking into the Hifonics Brutus line, either the BX1000D, or BX1500D. It will be used to push my eD15A in it's sealed box. My only concern about getting the BX1500D is that I don't want to upgrade my stock electrical system, and I don't want to have problems with drawing too much current. Also, I hear that I can get these amps with the price matching system at sounddomain, but other than a lower price, is there any other advantage to buying from them? Do they have a better warranty or something else I should know about? Also, for the people that own one of these amps, does the remote bass control adjust the bass boost, or does it control the gain, like it does on my current MTX2300x?

2. 04

04 Guest

I doubt you would have a problem with the amplifier overloading your electrical system unless it's rated for several thousand watts.

3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

So you think I would have no problems with a 1500 watt sub amp, and my ~300 watt trebble amp? That seems like a lot of strain on a '02 Civic's electrical system. But what about ordering from soundomain, any benefits?

4. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

I think you would probably have to upgrade your electrical, maybe a high output alt?

5. On_One

On_One Guest

Sounddomain is an authorized dealer as is the zeb. I'd price match with SD then price match the price match at the zeb . Theyare much quicker with shipping.

6. On_One

On_One Guest

Me running BX1500d, Autotek SS600.4 and SS Reference 500 of stock 80 amp alt with no problems. Slight dimming at times but thats about it.

Remeber music is dynamic;)

7. sinbon1

sinbon1 D:

you should be allright... my bx1000d pushing a e15a would severley dim the lights. btw u shouldnt need 1500d for a single e15a

8. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

They let you do that?

9. On_One

On_One Guest

It's what id di. I tried to pm iokesound but they are not authorized. SD will pm authorized or not. I sent the zeb my pm code and they came back and matched it.

10. wongerbonger

wongerbonger New Member

i had a bx1500d pushing two phoenix gold ti15ds

but my amp blew up...

but they are sending me a new one, cuz its covered under my warranty..

but it might have just been a faulty amp?

11. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Thanks for the info guys, I sent thezeb two links to the BX1000D and my price match code from Sound Domain, so hopefully they can do me right. I want to get it from the zeb since they have it in stock, and since they are located in the same part of the state as me so shipping should be very fast on it.

12. 04

04 Guest

What kind of music do you listen to and how loud? If you crank it up so loud that the amplifier(s) is driven far into clipping, you could very well overload the electrical system.

But otherwise it really shouldnt be a problem.

13. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Mostly hip hop/rap and metal. I like to crank it sometimes, but don't go overboard with it. I think I'm gonna go with the BX1000D from thezeb, they pricematched me pretty good, so I can get it for $220 + shipping, and shipping should be pretty fast and cheap, since they are located about 1 hr. away from me.

14. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

sounds like it.

15. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

GlocksRock how many amps if ur alternator? Im sure ull get some dimming when u turn it up loud, but u shouldnt see any electrical problems other than that.

16. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Just speculation so far, but I've heard that the manuals list different power ratings on the amplifier than is advertised.

they dropped the amp down to 220? lower prices than what they advertise due to being authorized? www.cbrstereo.com has them pretty cheap as well

17. On_One

On_One Guest

Problem with first batch. They have since fixed the manuals.

18. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I talked to a couple of people at maxxonics directly and got the specs I needed, different places list different dimensions and power ratings, they confirned that the BX1000D put out 1000 watts RMS @ 1ohm, but the amp is actually shorter than the website says, so that is good for me. They are selling the amp to me at such a low cost because of their price match program. I emailed them with two websites that sold the amp for $225 + shipping, and the price match code that I got from sound domain, so they emailed me back with a coupon code to get that amp for $220 + shipping.

As far as how many amps my alternator is, I have no idea, it is the stock alternator that comes on a 2002 Honda Civic EX. I currently see no dimming when I crank my system up loud now, and this new amp will only be about 300 watts more, so hopefully there will me little to no dimming at all.

19. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

gotchya

Anybody had much experience with these? I have a few friends I'll be doing installs with but I'd prefer something a lil better than previous low budget choices (jbl 1200.1, lanzar 1200.1, etc etc etc)