Thinking of buying a bike on EBay

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Nucleartiger, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

Has anyone on here had any experience buying a bike or car for that matter on Ebay? Any suggestions on what type of questions to ask or things to look out for? I am trying to find someone that I know that lives out in California to go look at it in person but so far it hasn't worked out.

How does the Ebay buyer protection thing work? I really like the bike and am very tempted to go ahead and buy it but I also don't want to spend that much money on something sight unseen.

Thanks for all responses and if anyone living near Bakersfield, CA feels like hooking a fellow OTer up and going to give the bike a look see for me I would seriously appreciate it.

2. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

3. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

Great link and thank you for the help. If I could actually go see the bike in person I would definitely apply those questions and checks.

I was wondering, Could I possibly get the local Victory Dealership to check the bike out for me as a pre-sale inspection? I might to have to look up the number and see if they do stuff that like.