thinking of asking a girl out in a strange way

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mycophiles, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

a girl came into my shop today. she goes to baylor college of med. and she had to fabricate somethng. helprd her out and I asked her what it is for. apparently its some study they are doing where they shock people while taking MRI images of their brain. she offered that it payed and gave me her e-mail and name. I was thinking of emailing her and saying I,d do it if she would meet me for coffee ((Or should I go all out and say date) sometime before to talk about the experiment. (or something along these lines) feel free togive suggestions.

:wavey:

think this is the 3rd or 4th time ever posting in this forum.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You don't want to make her feel like a whore at this stage. You can say something like "Hey I'm interested in participating in the brain scan project. Can you tell me more about it over coffee?"

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

You should e-mail her and tell her you're interested.

When you show up for the project, ask her out. Be a man about it. Never, ever EVER ask a girl out over the internet.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I'd say go for it...except one thing. If she's doing this for a research project in med school, depending on how serious/official it is, there may be issues with how much she can get involved with participants or how much she can tell you about it (so asking her to tell you more about it over coffee might not fly).
    So maybe if you talk to her again, say you cant do it but would like to see her anyway?

5. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Just do it. You've got nothing to lose. If she likes you (and knows you), she'll say yes whether you email, text, call, or ask her in person.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

don't make a date contingent on anything other than if the person wants to go or not.

7. mrchina

mrchina Guest

I'm with Matt. I don't know if I'd use that line... I'd just ask her out for coffee and keep it simple... don't use her project as an excuse to get together.... By asking that way, it would seem to me that you want to know about the project -> her... but you want it to go the other way around... her -> project

8. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

nice, i went to baylor university. You can be pretty sure a girl that got into Baylor college of Medicine has her head on straight. Its really difficult to get in there....

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:werd:

10. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I'm going to ask her to meet me for coffee and talk about the experiment. If she feeds me to a website (and she appears to be nieve enouph to do that) I'll just have to ask her out over e-mail. Otherwise I'll ask her out at coffee after we've finished discussing the project.

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

No. You see her in person, ask her out in person.

12. fray

fray New Member

why not just call and her tell her you're really not interested in the study, but you are interested in taking her out.

using the study get or force a date is kind of lame.

13. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It doesn't sound like he got her #, and asking out a chick over email is lame. I assume he has some kind of interest in the study/wants to make money. Otherwise he should've asked her out when he saw her in person and should move along...

14. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I can see this ending poorly in 2 ways:
    1) She'll think you're treating her like a whore and get pissed at you.
    2) She'll agree, lead you on to get you into the study, then you'll get pissed that she was a whore.

Just being straight forward but respectful has usually worked well for me.

15. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'm kind of confused by exactly what is going on here, but I think the best thing to do is email her and ask for her number so that you two can talk.

Call her up and just be like "Hey I've already agreed to help you out on your project/experiment/whatever and now I want to know if you'll agree to meet me for coffee on (date/time/place)" .. That's probably not the best wording but something simple and straight forward.

16. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

ok. ill clarify some things.

as far as asking her out when I had the chance. the first time (yes I said first time) I met her we were really focused on what we were doing. I was intrested enouph to get her
    email with the thought I might be able to ask her out online.
    (i admit it.im not immune togetting horny). the next day she came in with a problem
    we hadn't thought of the day before and we had time to just think (literally) and kinda just be there...ya know.
    At this point I really didn't think of just asking her out on the
    spot. many reasons here but the main one is I was afraid. (its been
    awhile since I've done that) later that day when I realized theres a pretty good chance of letting
    a good thing slip away I decided to ask you guys. (maybe you've asked girls out
    over email before ...who knows)

also:
    as far as being intrested in the study... Im not. Im intrested in
    what she fabricating but not really participating.

ok. you guys have made me feel like a jerk.

someone mentioned getting her number and calling her.

I could do that. I would much rather ask her to dinner
    over the phone than email.