Thinking of an NS50 just for grins

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Vermincelli, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Guy here in town has one for sale and I am considering buying it just for the hell of it. 49cc so it falls under the moped laws here. No license needed, just hop on and go. Something stupid for zipping around town on.

[​IMG]

2. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

me likes and it looks pretty clean....price?

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

$1000
    Only problem is having cops constantly pulling you over for no plates or no helmet since it doesn't look like a 50cc.

4. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

Yeah laws vary from state to state so you may want to check the details. California I know you would still have to wear a helmet and this bike may fall into many categories depending if it drives faster then 30mph, gas driven or electric and many others. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with a motorcyle you need a M1 license and it allows you to ride a moped as well. If you don't have a M1 license then you would still need a M2 license to ride that in the streets.

As for the license plate, what is that plate attached to it now? If they run the plates I'm sure they will know the class of bike you are riding.

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

no need for M class licence for mopeds, no license plate and no helmet required. Just has to meet all the safety equipment guidelines. (lights, turn signals, etc.)
    So I could just hop on it and drive away. (Pic isn't of the actual bike. just the best one I found to show what it is)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  6. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

I'm pretty sure in CA moped plates are a one-time thing that never need to be renewed.