MMA Thinking about this Fight Night

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Trisomy21, May 8, 2007.

1. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

So my friend calls me up earlier and says "Don't make any plans for Thursday. There's this Fight Night thing at this bar and you're fighting." NHB style. It's a little intimidating as I don't think I'm ready for a real fight, but these are amatuers and I could quite possibly win. I've began training for these boxing matches in a few months, but this would throw me right into it. Ultimately, I'm not too shabby at MMA stuff as that's what I want after the boxing, so I've trained that a lot too. I haven't seen any of these people fight, hell, haven't even seen the place before. Should I go in and try to whoop some ass or should I back out?

2. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

go, make sure there are refs and that people aren't getting fucked up.

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

have you done any ground work?

4. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

All the amateur 'fight night' type things i have see were just boxing. NHB might be cool, but then again it could be two idiots rolling around on the ground having no idea what to do.

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

refs and medical staff on site. :x:

6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

find out if it will have ref's and medical staff, and then go and give it your best

7. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Yeah, I want to do MMA eventually, so I've done enough ground to consider myself an intermediate grappler. I'd like to knock some fools out though, cause I'm betting none of them will have any idea what to do on the ground. If I'm gonna fight, I want a fight, but we'll see how long that attitude lasts when some mofo is swinging at me.

8. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Well, it looks like I'm not fighting. I had decided to do it. Even had my friend hit me in the face a few times with some gloves on to get me used to taking shots, but yesterday I fucking got sick with something. Sore throat, body aches, bullshit. I'm still going to go watch, but I guess I won't be able to fight until next week.

9. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Sounds like a vaginal infection.

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

foreign body, like sand.

11. pereza

pereza OT Supporter

damn thats some pressure right there.
    But you do have experience. So just look back and tell yourselff "Ive got skill and experience and I can win".

Good luck man. Tape that shit.

12. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Hopefully, next week.

13. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:bowrofl:
    the new saying: he pulled a tito :mamoru:

14. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

I really did get sick lol. I wouldn't have had my friend punch me in the face to get ready for it if I was gonna bitch out. Fucker busted my lip.

15. What kinda gloves you guys using?

16. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

MMA style from what I heard.

17. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Ok, I finally made it out to fight last night. Other nights I kept having some bullshit.
    So I get in there and sign up for boxing, kickboxing, and grappling since they were taking way too long to find anyone in my weight class for just kickboxing. This guy steps up for grappling. They tried to get us to do one round of each type of fight, but his girlfriend wouldn't let him trade strikes haha. He says he's 200 lbs., but I didn't really buy it cause he's a lot bigger than me and I'm 205, but whatever, and has some wrestling experience. Fast forward some to when we finally fought, this guy was nowhere near 200 lbs. 220+, probably 230-240. Definately out of my weight class. His friends that were training with him in the waiting to fight area said he was real good and has been wrestling since he was 12. So we get in there and start going, he gets me to the ground, I get one lucky roll to the top, which he reverses. Then, the rest of the fight is pretty much me gassing out trying to move this guy that weighs a shitload more than what he said. I almost got an armbar once, but they stood us up just as I shifted for it cause we were too close to the ropes. Tried a neck crank from the bottom, but he didn't have a neck. This guy couldn't do anything the entire time other than smother me. He had no idea how to lock anything. I was stuck under him with everyone yelling at me to kick out, cause they all thought he was about my weight, but I couldn't move. The ref was getting yelled at to stand us up by the announcer (who really runs it and steps in as ref when he gets sick of this douche) since nothing was happening, but he's a dumbass and let us just lay there. I finally tapped out 7 minutes into the 10 minute round, because I was completely gasssed and just couldn't breathe with this fat lying bastard on top of me. The worst part of it all is that he totally got away with it. They're supposed to have a scale, but they really don't, so I couldn't even call him out on it. This was an awful first "fight" in a ring. Next time, kickboxing only and I'll just wait for it to come up.

18. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:mamoru:

19. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

get your arms inbetween him and you, make a brace, and get a breather, start hipping out. you said he wasn't trying to sub you, you weren't in any danger, don't rush/panic.