thinking about taking more supplements/vitamins

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by volvoc70, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volvoc70

volvoc70 New Member

i already eat healthy and that is why ive always been against taking any supplements. however a friend of mine eats worse than me but has started taking creatine, green tea extract and caffiene along with the muscle milk that we both take. i know green tea helps with fat burning, caffiene helps with energy boost along with some fat burning and creatine helps with muscle growth and fatigue.

along with muscle milk will i notice gains with starting to take any of the following

-creatine
    -green tea extract
    -fish oil
    -caffiene

right now im at 5'10 175 with 15% body fat. i really want to lean out but gain mass again. i gained alot of fat after shoulder surgery and im having a hard time loosing it.

help ot..

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Honestly, beyond protein and possibly creatine. Its all about proper nutrition and training.
    No secret formula here.

Your friend probably just has a higher rate of metabolism. Here is a hint, sneak off to the gym when he doesnt know and get 2-3 extra sessions in a week. It will make a difference.

3. volvoc70

volvoc70 New Member

thanks man but let's get some more responces

4. Mippity

Mippity New Member

creatine is proven to work, protein is going to help if you aren't getting enough from natural sources. I've read green tea extract is said to accelerate fat loss in rats ... plus green tea does a ton of other things. Fish oil is good for the heart (among other things) and caffiene can help some perform longer doing cardio ... and maybe it will give you that extra boost of energy in the gym if you are worn out.

En resumen, will you drop to 10 % bf because of supplements? ... highly doubtful. Will these supps help some? mos defintely, but the effects might not be noticeable to you. :dunno:

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

since nobody has said it yet.......

test and deca

6. maxxpower

Ok, i will add to the thread in a more positive way.

Supplements by definition should be used to supplement your diet in areas that need to be improved.
    You should never really use supplements as a replacement for good ol solid foods.

My first post should have been this...

If you save your money and efforts that you were going to spend on supplements and put that towards your current diet, you will get greater gains than from the actual supplements you were intending on purchasing in the first place.

That being said.
    Fishoils should be used if you do not get enough from your regular diet. IMO, eat tuna or fish at least once a day and that will be more than enough instead of supplmenting it.
    green tea extracts are bleh.

Caffiene and Ephedrine have a proven track record of helping you burn calories.

Creatine also has a proven track record. 5mg a day along with a good balanced diet is great. It should be noted that creatine is a natural occuring amino in meats and you should try to consume more solids than sups.

What is your current diet like?

7. maxxpower

Oh. And test and deca FTW

8. volvoc70

volvoc70 New Member

I don't want to write out my whole diet but usualy a sandwich in the morning with peanut butter. Lunch ihave sandwich again with peanut butter with some assorted snacks like the hundred calorie packs some fruits and water . Then for dinner its a lot of fiber with either turkey, meat , fish or chicken

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

peanut butter in the am for the lose

10. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

A supplement Biotest designed only for its sponsored athletes, a supplement that's looking to be the most powerful agent they've ever created: SURGE Workout Fuel.

This elite-level supplement was not created for the general public and is not for sale. And frankly, most people could not afford it. Off the shelf it would cost well over $200 a bottle. But as part of the Physique Clinic, you'll be getting as much as you need -- for FREE.

11. maxxpower

Thats what I mean man.
    If you got the diet down to 6 or more meals a day, it will have a HUGE fucking impact on your gains! Far more than any sups will.

12. volvoc70

volvoc70 New Member

I'm very limited being a student. Can the supplements substitute those meals?

13. maxxpower

Its a matter of priorities. Im sure you could split the portions of your current 3 meals into 5, then with the money you saved from buying gay ass sups, go buy a couple cans of tuna and plan 2 more small meals.

I cant stress enough that you will make FAR greater gains from getting your metabolism/diet right than from sups.

14. maxxpower

Its simple. Food accounts for about 60-70% of what you will gain. The other 30-40% is training and rest.
    You HAVE to get the food down right.

15. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

that wouldn't do anything

16. maxxpower

Ceaze, this guy isnt giving us much to work with here. im reaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.