GUN Thinking about placing my order...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Feb 24, 2005.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I've asked a few questions now about the FN FNP9, and now I've got the money for it. I'd get it through a guy I've been talking with on gunbroker.com for probably $375 shipped. Not too bad I figure. One thing I'm wondering though. A guy who seems to be very knowledgable who works at the range I've shot at, said the FN's made in Belgium are good guns but he said he wouldn't get an FN made in the Browning factory. He said the only FN's that are worth the purchase are the authentic Belgian ones. Anyone know anything about this? The FNP9 is made in South Carolina (I believe?) with the Browning guns. The FNP9M is made in Belgium, but its the military version of the same gun. They look identical aparntly though.

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Generally, that logic is applied to the FN/Browning Hi Powers. i've only heard good things about the FNP9's. :dunno:

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Have you ever dry fired one? They feel hideous. The triggers are disgusting, and the frame feels a bit cheap. They might be quality firearms, but you'd never know it by picking them up. I guess the same could be said about Kel-Tec.