MIL Thinking about military...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Martin Atchet, Oct 9, 2006.

1. I don't really know which branch but I want to do something "Cool" but I don't want to die.

People at my Krav place have told me I should be a Navy Seal but I laughed after they left haha. I don't know if I could do that but I think it would be fun. Special Forces in any branch sounds like alot of fun.

I think physically I can do it, however I know you need more than just muscles to do specops.

Anyways I am in college now and I want to finish that first. After college I wanted to do something like military or policing.

Do you guys have any advice? I'll probably get some ridicule for the seals thing too but w/e lets hear it I guess.

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

3. Motá

Motá New Member

Pilot :dunno: seems like fun

4. cshadow

cshadow New Member

Maybe try to work at the arms-development. Is it possible to become a instructor without fighting-practice? Maybe look for a job at the place where recruits get trained. I dunno what is fun in the army for you.

If you don't want to become killed, why you intend to join the army? Even if you try to become a bureaucrat inside the army, there could be a little chance to become killed (e. g. by a letter bomb).

5. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

Anything with a Submarine designation in the Navy is good times. The crews are small and fairly tight knit, and you might get lucky and do a good Med Run or WestPac.

6. shiba

shiba Active Member

ROTC. learn about the branches, commission as an officer.

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Air Force. Lowest KIA rate in the military.

9. shiba

shiba Active Member

as a sophomore you do not have to commmitt to the ROTC program. I suggest you use it as an opportunity to see if you enjoy the fundamentals of being a soldier.

10. I'll give it a try next semester as I am too late this semester I believe. Thanks.

11. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

12. My grandfather fought in WWII in the AF. I have nothing against the AF, I just don't think it would be for me. However it could be I just don't know that much about it, but from what people say it seems like its not like the rest of the military.

Take it as you want, I never said you wasted 10 years. Meh.

13. teep

teep New Member

I'm in a similar situation only I know that if I were to join the military I would go to Army OCS and that I would want to branch infantry over anything else. You should browse the different OCS boards (i.e www.armyocs.com). Those pages are a great resource.

14. Thanks dude.

15. lawl

16. Ranger-AO

Whatever you do, please don't join the Army. :hs:

17. Haha why because I said AF is the joke branch. I did not mean that jesus christ. Someone point me in the right direction.

18. Ranger-AO

From what you have posted here, you wouldn't make it past the Soldiers Creed before you found something that you have already said you didn't want to do. :hsugh:

• I am an American Soldier.
    • I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
    • I will always place the mission first.
    • I will never accept defeat.
    • I will never quit.
    • I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    • I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
    • I am an expert and I am a professional.
    • I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
    • I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
    • I am an American Soldier.

19. Theres a lot of things I don't want to do but I do them for the sake of something better that will come of it. An example would be school. I really am not a big fan of college but I want to live a decent life after high school and I know that I need a degree to live like I want.

Another example of being a soldier is killing. I don't want to kill, but if I have to I will. I don't want to die, but its a risk you take in the military.

I'm sorry for offending you with my ignorant statements about the AF.

20. pew pew pew

pew pew pew OT Supporter

there was no Air Force in World War II :hs:

21. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

HAHAHAHA Beat me to it

22. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

sounds like you want the paycheck the militray offers, the benefits, the job security....but none of the work, risk, or problems that come from being in the militrary

23. All I know is he flew a b-17 as a navigator. I guess he was army air corps but I thought that became the AF.

24. .

25. Sir, YES SIR!