MIL Thinking about joining the Air Force..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xuntilthexendx, Feb 19, 2009.

1. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

So I am about to turn 22 I will have an associates degree in Communication in May and have been thinking about joining the Air Force.

Some of my reasons are probably pretty typical from a lot of people that want to join.

- I want to see the world. I have lived in Maine my whole life been up and down the east coast and would like to get outside this box.

- I want to go into computer intelligence. I feel like the Air Force would be a good place to start the journey. Ultimately, I would like to work for the FBI Cyber Division.

-Having 75% of School paid for is something that would help a lot.

Would advice would you give me?

2. xuntilthexendx

Have you had first hand experience on that last part? I work with someone who was a recruiter and liaison for the Air Force for 10 years..He did 20 years in and said that they wont pay for any back school. Did it used to be that way and now it changed?

3. xuntilthexendx

Up to 10g's...not to bad..Sucks the other branches offer more..haha..

Thanks for the info!

4. SSG Schwartz

SSG Schwartz New Member

I would advise you to talk to a couple branches of Service. I know that a lot of people think that the Air Force is for them because they have college, but I had my Bachelor's Degree and went enlisted into the Army and it has been the best action I have taken in my life. FTR, I have enlisted two other college grads in the last year.

Travel will be available to you in the Army. I have rested my boots in 7 countries in nine years. I have seen baseball in Korea and soccer in Iraq.

Computer intelligence is a job that the Army is having trouble filling. I put a young man in a few months ago and got him a $36,000 bonus for that job.

If you are serious, PM me. I need some information about you in order to ensure the Army can best help you.

SSG Schwartz

5. burn__

burn__ New Member

no shit? :eek3:

6. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

get your bachelors and go ocs!

7. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

:eek3: No wai!! 7 in 9??!!:rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, just passed my 9 year mark in the USAF, let's see here.....

Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Qatar, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kuwait, Japan, Thailand, Iceland, Greenland, Oman, Honduras, Panama, Cuba.....

But yeah, join the Army to see the world.

Back to the OP.. You wanna see the world, my advice is this..........If you MUST do computer stuff, and I don't blame you for wanting to, join the Navy and get assigned to a ship. If the job doesn't really matter, join the AF, and, God how it PAINS me to say this, go in as a Loadmaster. God, I just puked in my mouth a little for typing that. Orrr, if you actually enjoy working for a living, go in the AF as a crew chief, bust your ass, become a flying crew chief, and go to the same places as a Loadmaster, but be infinitely more respected on the base. But also be prepared to get fucked over ALL THE TIME.

Every job has it's pros and cons, you just gotta weigh them and see what is more important to you.

8. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Loadmaster :wackit:

9. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Everyone loves a job where you hardly work, go to cool places, AND get special duty pay. I just don't like their attitudes.

10. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

What? The loadmaster is the most important guy on the plane.

11. :hsugh: