SRS thinking about going to portland for 2 days

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black jesus, May 22, 2008.

1. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I'm working in Seattle and supposed to fly home tomorrow, but I'd like to take 2 days to enjoy the wine country. However, I don't really want to go alone. I ran around in the the Washington AVAs and it was ok, but it is so much more fun to go with friends. I know I should go because I'm close and airfare will cost me nothing, but I'd much rather go with friends.

Any thoughts?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I still don't understand what you have against traveling alone :confused: I mean I get that it would be fun, no doubt, but traveling alone is really not scary and can be very fun :dunno:

3. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

How often do you do it? I do it all the time and its getting old. I make friends and all doing it, but I really want to go with 2 really close friends because they enjoy the wine as much as I do.

I live in a suitcase, sometime I really miss my friends...especially when its traveling for fun.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

Well I know you have to travel for work alone and that gets old in general. I've gone on I'd say....3 trips, like actual vacations, by myself. And agan, I can totally understand waning friend to be there with you...but I never ever pass up an actual "vacaton" of any kind. I'd just go, do whatever I wanted and even try to meet people.

5. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I've done seattle, santa fe, austin, miami, boulder, belize, playa del carmen, and new orleans alone, aside from work related travel. I think back to the last wine trip, and it should take a week, and I should go with friends because the party is out of control with them.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

Well I mean the answer is pretty simple though, right? Call your friends, ask them. If they say no then it's up to you if you want to go alone :dunno:

7. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

People have told me travelling alone is good for "finding yourself" or that jazz. Like, meeting people.

I'm poorish at getting to know people or making friends, so when I'm older I intend to get around to it.

8. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Just go. The opportunity may not arise again. I've done a few adventures alone. It's nice to do things on your own time and not have to be accountable to someone else.