TAT Thinking about getting this tattoo (thoughts on white ink???)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by GiantRutgersFan, Apr 15, 2007.

1. [FONT=Arial,]http://www.tattoofinder.com/friend.asp?flash=13653

I am trying to picture what that would look like on a guy like me? Im an Italian guy with the skin tone you would expect.

Do they even use white ink? or would it just be skin tone in the white spots?

Also what do you expect a tattoo like that too cost (gonna be on my arm, 4-5 inches tall, about 3 inches wide
    [/FONT]

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

The white parts would be left as skintone

3. low20

low20 Member

i have a small amount of white on my tattoo and im prlly about the same as you since im also italian...the white looks good...i think if they left it skin tone it would look stupid on that tat...a flag thats red, tan and blue? not so much

4. yea. the white actually looks good? You think so even though its a fairly large amount on this one?

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

We did Canadian flags at my shop on a daily basis and left the white parts as skin tone and it looked perfectly fine. :hs: White tends to turn a creamy color after too much exposure to the sun, that's why many shops won't do it.

6. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I asked a shop near me if they would do a white tattoo and they flat out told me no. He said that it would fade way too quickly and within a year it would probably just be a blob.

At least he was honest about it.

7. iamjeff6

iamjeff6 UDARIS

correct

kinda like on my koi i wanted it white and orange and we just left the white skin color and its looks good

8. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i have a couple small pieces that have "white" areas - they are just left as skintone. my skin's pretty fair so it works out well, but i don't know of many artists who will tattoo white on someone anyway.