Thinking about getting the G1...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bowrofl, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Currently have an okay phone but I'd like a smart phone. Rogers Wireless in Canada just got the HTC Dream (G1) and Magic (G2)... the only difference between them is the G1 has the keyboard and the G2 has double the onboard memory - which doesn't matter much if you get a 16GB SD card.

Just wondering if anyone here with the G1/HTC Dream has any problems with it... or personal experiences with it really. :wavey:

2. clarky

clarky New Member

ive had no issues at all. love it. battery life isn't the best, but that's the only complaint

3. l S3RG10 l

l S3RG10 l New Member

The battery life is the worst on a phone ever, full charge at 6 am, 40 percent by 430, I have some apps that are supposed to extend it, but it still sucks.
    My old Blackberry would last almost 3 full days of full use. RIP
    It is still a solid phone, lots of useful stuff.
    Personally I like having a slide out keyboard, I HATE texting on the screen keyboard. I am used to my old BB.

4. bovine

bovine New Member

I took it back after less than a week due to the battery life. People are serious when they say it drains quickly.

And for me the phone was at about 20% at 1pm with a full charge at 8am.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Damn... well, the new HTC Hero looks amazing yet I doubt it will come to Canada for a loooong time... I really would like the HTC Magic/G1 though :hs: Aside from the battery life, any other complaints, or is that it? I found an app on the Android Marketplace that lets you adjust battery profiles on-the-fly... seems like it would help :dunno:

6. Ihateusernames

Ihateusernames What's This?

sorry but other then battery life i have no complaints about mine and i've had mine since pre-orders came. to be honest no other phone has excellent battery life.

7. pooperr

pooperr New Member

but for $97, it's impossible to say no. go ahead...look it up on Amazon.. I'll wait...

yeap, yeah, I know..