GUN Thinking about getting rid of my new gun for a better one.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Dec 22, 2005.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Hey guys, I just made a thread about a week ago. I purchased a SW SW9VE 9mm pistol. I liked the gun, but have had some issues that have me thinking about picking up a better one. The trigger pull is really long. So long infact that I have time to slightly move the gun as I am pulling the trigger. I tried the trigger on a Glock 19? I want to say at the range. It was much shorter and I like it alot better. Plus, the guy at the range kept telling me the shortcomings of the SW9VE...but kept reinforcing the point it was ok for a starter gun.

Anyway, here is the point. I paid $299 for the gun, and I have another $650 allocated for a gun purchase if all of it needs to be used. I can trade the gun in locally were I purchased it for credit on a new weapon. I want to stay with a 9mm since I am comfortable shooting it, and I fell I am pretty accurate for a beginner. The guy at the range recommended the Springfield XD's saying they were a great gun for the money. I know Glock produces an awesome gun. What else would you guys recommend. I want to stay with something with a 4" barel like mine, and would preferably like to have more than 10 rounds per magazine.

Thanks guys.

edit...what do you guys think of these models?

Springfield XD9101HC

Glock 19....19C? whats the difference?

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

the 'C' designation on a glock means it has a ported barrel, to reduce recoil and muzzle flip.. however, that really shouldnt be a problem with 9mm, so personally, I'd advise against a 'C'.

The G19 is a great gun.. probably the most popular Glock these days. A G19 should be able to carry 17 rounds in a flush mag if I recall correctly.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

G19 ftw, I prefer G19 over the XD

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Well judging from the posts both are good choices. It may come down to what the place actually carries. I know they carried Glock, but I don't know if they had any XDs when I was there. I'll check tonight when I stop by again.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you get the XD be sure to get the extended anti rust warrenty :mamoru:

7. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Do the XD's have a problem with rust?

8. Y2kAccord

Only people who have had problems with rust with them are Glock Owners who have never owned one trying to fight back the claim all Glocks explode.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nah I was just joking a couple people have had minor rust spots nothing widespread. If you prefer the XD go for it.

10. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I see, well I want to try out an XD, but there are non at the range, and it's tough to find a retailer near me. I tried the glock and like it, but I'd like to try the XD as well.

I guess either way, both are good choices.

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've never shot the XD I have a G17 and Walther P99, lovem both. Suprised noone around you has them I think most bigger shops around here have few in stock.

12. Y2kAccord

I have had an XD for over a year now, no problems no rust, very accurate and I love to shoot it.
    The Finish is parkerized which isnt unique to XD's

13. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Some people get some tiny little spots on the slide, etc. but Springfield will take your gun and put a new finish on it. They'll even pay for the overnight shipping back and forth if you have any finish problems. Seems people buying the new ones aren't having problems though.

I'm actally starting to perfer the feel of the XD in my hands over my Glocks. If the XD had a 'competition' version like the Glock 34/35, then I probably would have bought it instead. They need to get something out like that as a factory option.

I've also gotten to shoot a Glock .40 and my XD .40 right after each other and the Glock does have more muzzle flip/recoil than the XD. The XD does have a heavier slide it seems.

14. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

take a training class before a new gun

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I've owned both, my XD rusted and my Glock has yet to explode.

16. Y2kAccord

Not SA fault you didnt take care of your gun :dunno:

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

would you like me to post a few hs2000talk links? :hsughno:

18. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

oh snap :mamoru2:

19. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

:rolleyes:

It had 200 rounds through it, cleaned and oiled after each range session, was never carried CCW, and was sitting in a dehumidified safe, yet still developed rust spots on the slide. It’s the ONLY gun I’ve ever had that had a rust issue. I called SA, they offered to refinish it, but I had to pay to have it done. I told them thanks but no thanks, I should have known better than to purchase the piece of shit in the first place. I sold the gun and put the cash into my Les Baer fund.

Oh, and I bought the Baer BTW, it's sitting in the same safe, no rust. :mamoru: I'm not a Springfield hater either, I own 3 of their 1911's, but the XD was a huge disappointment.

20. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've not seen anyone who gets a slide refinish have to pay springfield to have it done unless they did something to fuck it up... :hsugh:

21. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

First time for everything.

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

according to some threads on hs2000talk, at first they would refinish it, no questions asked, but lately I guess theyve been getting skimpy

23. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

get a sig p226 or p229

24. Y2kAccord

No numbnuts is lieing, didnt take care of his gun and screwed something up that was beyond normal so they probably made him pay.

I wouldnt put much creditbility I can tell by the rest of his post he is just bitter and making crap up

25. Y2kAccord

Want me to post a few pictures of KB'd glocks, whats your point, the finish on the XD is not unique to it