GUN Thinking about getting one of these to record...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by texchef, Apr 8, 2008.

1. texchef

texchef Guest

...my next IDPA match. First person shooter style. Not bad for @ $100. Saw some youtube vids made with it and it tracks well for the price at 30fps. Hat clip or muff clip.

[​IMG]

2. Initial E

Initial E New Member

those videos are not bad and i guess for the price it's a good deal. go for it

3. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Not bad for a diy option.I do a lot of video and I'm using the archos 604 wifi w/ the archos helmetcam. I like it because it's get a higher resolution, and i can run it on a hat for pistol, and on a headband for 3 gun. I ran one of the hosercams for a while and worked fine for what it was. I just could not get a cheek weld on a rifle with it on.

5. texchef

texchef Guest

6. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

7. texchef

texchef Guest

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

A couple of our guys tried running that cam with poor results. I actually know a few people that are trying to sell theirs. I can ask if you are interested? I saw it, and after doing my research I concluded it wasn't worth it.

I take a back seat to Yar regarding recording match video, so I'd consider his feed back golden.

9. texchef

texchef Guest

I'm still looking for solutions. Not set on anything yet. I'm just trying to find the most economic way to record my matches since no one i shoot with does anything like it nor have pics been taken.

Yar's suggestion is actually not too bad price-wise and his quality is great.

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

Actually, if you are looking for a helmet cam, I have one for sale I was going to use, but won't. (simply because I use my videos for training purposes mostly)

It's this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-520-Line-C...categoryZ23780QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I bought it in December, and it's been sitting on my desk, in the box it was shipped in. Let me know, I'll looking to get $150 for it. Otherwise, now that I'm reminded, I'll throw it on Craigslist.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

12. texchef

texchef Guest

No mini DV camcorder for home. :wtc:

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. I would like some way to record but I guess I should make friends with someone who has a camera/camcorder.